I recently upgraded the RPT to new version RPT 8.3. I have upgraded the script to latest version as it requested to do. But when I run the script I get following error
"Error occurred during connection to server checkout-eu.jz-sit.ihost.com'. Explanation message: 'java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.'. This secondary request will be skipped"
I did the check application manually and also with previous version of RPT on another machine. Application works fine and it is confirmed that application is not timing out. Also I did Project -> Clean and its still the same issue. Also I tried creating a new script and new script also has the same issue.
Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue with 8.3 and also if they how to fix it .
Thanks in advance
This topic has been locked.
9 replies Latest Post - 2013-01-22T12:51:12Z by KMooney
Pinned topic Java IO exception in RPT 8.3
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-22T12:51:12Z at 2013-01-22T12:51:12Z by KMooney
petersda 110000QHU0340 Posts
petersda 110000QHU0340 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Java IO exception in RPT 8.32012-12-10T15:17:51Z in response to SystemAdminWe just released 184.108.40.206, try upgrading to that to see if it resolves your issue. I would also create a brand new workspace, record your test and play it back. You could have residual path problems that did not get cleaned up correctly.
If neither of these things help you will probably need to contact customer support.
Re: Java IO exception in RPT 8.32013-01-20T07:53:27Z in response to SystemAdminI had the same error with RPT 8.3 and 8.3.1. I rolled back to 8.2 and the problem has gone. BTW I created a new workspace and test recording after rolling back.
@IBM: There is a bug in 8.3 / 8.3.1
KMooney 0600000GBF251 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Java IO exception in RPT 8.32013-01-21T13:13:40Z in response to SystemAdminIt's not a known issue. Attaching a test case would be helpful.
That message is typical when a server is overloaded or if the server has a good reason to close the connection such as when the Keep-Alive timeout occurs.
If RPT is providing a valid request with 8.2 and somehow not a valid request for the same test with 8.3 then a PMR should be filed.
Re: Java IO exception in RPT 8.32013-01-22T07:40:55Z in response to KMooneyHi Kevin,
I can't post the test case here due to confidentiality. If you contact me offline I can supply you with the external url and you can test it yourself. I am happy using 8.2 so raising a PMR is not necessary for my purposes.
Some more background info:
1. My regular RPT machines were all upgraded to 8.3 late last year.
2. I encountered the Java IO exception error last week when testing a new site using the machines in point 1 above. The recording went OK but playback failed with the exception error.
3. I then upgraded the RPT machines to 8.3.1 but that made not difference.
4. I installed RPT 8.2 onto a machine that had previously not had RPT on before. Before running any tests I upgraded it to 8.3.1. I then recorded the test and the playback failed (single user, not in a schedule). This was the first test recorded on the machine in the default Workspace.
5. I then rolled back one of my regular test machines to 8.2. Created a new Workspace and managed to record and playback successfully. I also managed to run a 20 user Scheduled test successfully.
6. I have subsequently rolled back further machines to 8.2 and can record/playback successfully even if I use an existing Workspace that has other test cases in it.
From the above I would conclude that the issue is definitely related to 8.3, 8.3.1
Please contact me at email@example.com if you want the url.