9 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T12:51:12Z by KMooney
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5507 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Java IO exception in RPT 8.3

‏2012-12-10T11:47:54Z |
Hi

I recently upgraded the RPT to new version RPT 8.3. I have upgraded the script to latest version as it requested to do. But when I run the script I get following error

"Error occurred during connection to server checkout-eu.jz-sit.ihost.com'. Explanation message: 'java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.'. This secondary request will be skipped"

I did the check application manually and also with previous version of RPT on another machine. Application works fine and it is confirmed that application is not timing out. Also I did Project -> Clean and its still the same issue. Also I tried creating a new script and new script also has the same issue.

Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue with 8.3 and also if they how to fix it .

Thanks in advance
Shambu
Updated on 2013-01-22T12:51:12Z at 2013-01-22T12:51:12Z by KMooney
  • petersda
    petersda
    346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Java IO exception in RPT 8.3

‏2012-12-10T12:49:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Is this a 1 user test or a multi-user schedule? When you tested from another machine, was that a 1 user test or was it a multi-user schedule.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      5507 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T13:03:47Z  in response to petersda
      This is one user test without schedule. I also test with multiple users through schedule. The issue is same there too
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        5507 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T14:47:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        hi
        import the workspace again,dont upgrade ur script,it will work i guess,or rollback your rpt to older version try to run again
      • petersda
        petersda
        346 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-10T15:17:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        We just released 8.3.0.1, try upgrading to that to see if it resolves your issue. I would also create a brand new workspace, record your test and play it back. You could have residual path problems that did not get cleaned up correctly.

If neither of these things help you will probably need to contact customer support.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          5507 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-04T07:13:05Z  in response to petersda
          Hi there, I also got this error, updated my desktop and still received this error.
          What next?
          Regards
          SP van Heerden
          Performance tester
          MTN (SA)
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            5507 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-20T07:53:27Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I had the same error with RPT 8.3 and 8.3.1. I rolled back to 8.2 and the problem has gone. BTW I created a new workspace and test recording after rolling back.

@IBM: There is a bug in 8.3 / 8.3.1
            • KMooney
              KMooney
              259 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T13:13:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              It's not a known issue. Attaching a test case would be helpful.

That message is typical when a server is overloaded or if the server has a good reason to close the connection such as when the Keep-Alive timeout occurs.

If RPT is providing a valid request with 8.2 and somehow not a valid request for the same test with 8.3 then a PMR should be filed.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                5507 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T07:40:55Z  in response to KMooney
                Hi Kevin,

I can't post the test case here due to confidentiality. If you contact me offline I can supply you with the external url and you can test it yourself. I am happy using 8.2 so raising a PMR is not necessary for my purposes.

Some more background info:
                1. My regular RPT machines were all upgraded to 8.3 late last year.
                2. I encountered the Java IO exception error last week when testing a new site using the machines in point 1 above. The recording went OK but playback failed with the exception error.
                3. I then upgraded the RPT machines to 8.3.1 but that made not difference.
                4. I installed RPT 8.2 onto a machine that had previously not had RPT on before. Before running any tests I upgraded it to 8.3.1. I then recorded the test and the playback failed (single user, not in a schedule). This was the first test recorded on the machine in the default Workspace.
                5. I then rolled back one of my regular test machines to 8.2. Created a new Workspace and managed to record and playback successfully. I also managed to run a 20 user Scheduled test successfully.
                6. I have subsequently rolled back further machines to 8.2 and can record/playback successfully even if I use an existing Workspace that has other test cases in it.

From the above I would conclude that the issue is definitely related to 8.3, 8.3.1

Please contact me at ajones@aegon.nl if you want the url.

Cheers
                • KMooney
                  KMooney
                  259 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-22T12:51:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Yes, we are very much interested in the URL to reproduce the problem. Email sent.