9 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-11-25T08:20:29Z by 8S0M_Rizwana_Shaik
deravin
deravin
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Getting an Exception

‏2012-12-07T21:38:11Z |
Hi All,

I am getting a weird exception on a standalone client (XS is not configured with WebSphere), that I am running from within a WebSphere 6.1.0.29 (JDK1.5) web application.

I have placed the following jars in WEB-INF/lib:

clientCore-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar (this is my code)
ogspring.jar
wsogclient.jar (I use wsogclient.jar because I am running in web sphere, under tomcat and jetty I use ogclient.jar)
wxssizeagent.jar

The ORB files are included by WebSphere's command line:

-Xbootclasspath/p:/host1/was/INSTANCE1/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmorb.jar:/host1/was/INSTANCE1/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmext.jar -classpath
I get the same exception under Tomcat also (running under Sun JDK 1.6.xx, with IBM supplied ORB jars). However my app works perfectly fine under Jetty.

It is a NoClassDefFoundError and it is trying to find org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageImpl

It happens at the following Client API call:

ClientClusterContext ccc = ObjectGridManagerFactory
.getObjectGridManager().connect(cep,
(ClientSecurityConfiguration) null,
clientObjectGridURL);
Can any one please help me.

Stack Trace:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'grid': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageImpl
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageImpl
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:600)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$400(URLClassLoader.java:124)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:1055)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:274)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:492)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:639)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:631)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:605)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageRegistryImpl$Delegator.put(EPackageRegistryImpl.java:325)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EPackageImpl.<init>(EPackageImpl.java:154)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.gen.impl.ConfigPackageImpl.<init>(ConfigPackageImpl.java:163)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.gen.impl.ConfigPackageImpl.init(ConfigPackageImpl.java:199)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.gen.ConfigPackage.<clinit>(ConfigPackage.java:60)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.gen.impl.ConfigFactoryImpl.getPackage(ConfigFactoryImpl.java:226)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.XmlObjectGridConfigBuilder.<init>(XmlObjectGridConfigBuilder.java:222)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.XmlConfigBuilder.buildObjectGridConfigurations(XmlConfigBuilder.java:440)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.ProcessConfigXML$3.run(ProcessConfigXML.java:117)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:241)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.config.ProcessConfigXML.getObjectGridConfiguration(ProcessConfigXML.java:115)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.getObjectGridConfigurations(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:465)
at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerImpl.connect(ObjectGridManagerImpl.java:1929)
at com.xxx.client.core.util.ha.ObjectGridFactory.createGrid(ObjectGridFactory.java:70)
at com.xxx.client.core.util.ha.ObjectGridFactory.getObject(ObjectGridFactory.java:137)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectFromFactoryBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1246)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1217)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:260)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:733)
at com.xxx.es.client.core.util.GenericServiceImpl.setupGridService(GenericServiceImpl.java:80)
at com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.getGenericService(RuntimeConfig.java:90)
at com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.getProductMap(RuntimeConfig.java:97)
at com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.isProductEnabled(RuntimeConfig.java:70)
at com.xxx.service.accountPositions.AccountPositionsController_v10.GetAccountPositions(AccountPositionsController_v10.java:608)
at com.xxx.AccountPositionsBindingImpl.getAccountPositions(AccountPositionsBindingImpl.java:105)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.JavaDispatcher.invokeMethod(JavaDispatcher.java:178)
at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.JavaDispatcher.invokeOperation(JavaDispatcher.java:141)
Updated on 2012-12-14T03:54:24Z at 2012-12-14T03:54:24Z by jhanders
  • deravin
    deravin
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Getting an Exception

‏2012-12-08T18:00:16Z  in response to deravin
    I realized I should provide a few more details:
    My XS Installation details:

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\eXtremeScale
    Eclipse IDE: C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere\eXtremeScale
    Translations: English
    Architecture: 64-bit
    Installed Packages and Fixes
    IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale in a stand-alone environment 8.5.0.0

wsogclient.jar version
    ======================
    This appears to be such an obfuscated thing (took me a lot of effort to figure this out).

C:\Temp\testWSClient\lib> java -jar wsogclient.jar version
    WebSphere eXtreme Scale - ObjectGrid Client for WebSphere 7.1.1.0 http://a1146.72072

This is a bit surprising as I was not aware that this jar was tied to a specific version of Web Sphere. I want to run eXtreme Scale client within a WebSphere 6.1.0.29 (JDK1.5) web application.
    The message:

WebSphere eXtreme Scale - ObjectGrid Client for WebSphere 7.1.1.0 http://a1146.72072

indicates that wsogclient.jar can only be used with WebSphere 7.1.1.0.

Does this mean that "eXtreme Scale in a stand-alone environment 8.5.0.0" is incompatible with WebSphere 6.1.0.29?
    • jhanders
      jhanders
      257 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-09T02:07:51Z  in response to deravin
      The java -jar version output you provided indicates that the jar is meant to be used as a client in a WebSphere environment. "ObjectGrid Client for WebSphere" is the purpose of the jar. "7.1.1.0" indicates the version of WebSphere eXtreme Scale the jar is from. The a1146.72072 tells us what build number it is from.
      • deravin
        deravin
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T16:51:50Z  in response to jhanders
        Hi JHanders,

Thanks for your response.

You mentioned:
        "7.1.1.0" indicates the version of WebSphere eXtreme Scale the jar is from"

Is this versioning of "WebSphere eXtreme Scale" aligned with versioning of "Websphere App Server"? In other words, is it saying, I (wsogclient.jar) only work with WebSphere App Server of level 7.1.1.0?

My goal is to run eXtreme Scale client (based on distribution 8.5.0.0, the wsogclient.jar of which produces version: 7.1.1.0) within a WebSphere 6.1.0.29 (JDK1.5) web application. Is this possible. Or are they incompatible?

Tomcat & Jetty (Both Work):
        ===========================

I am placing the following under WEB-INF lib.

objectgrid.jar
        ogagent.jar
        ogspring.jar
        ogclient.jar
        wxsloganalyzer.jar
        wxssizeagent.jar

I also place the IBM supplied ORB files (ibmcfw, ibmorb, ibmorbapi) under the endorsed folder.

Under Jetty and Tomcat and things work perfectly:

On websphere 6.1 (FAILS)
        =======================
        As the ORB files are included by WebSphere's command line (I am not using the ibmcfw, ibmorb, ibmorbapi supplied in Extreme Scale 8.5.0.0):

Xbootclasspath/p:/host1/was/INSTANCE1/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmorb.jar:/host1/was/INSTANCE1/java/jre/lib/ext/ibmext.jar -classpath

Please let me know if I need to replace the ORB jars with the XS supplied ORB jars.

Next, I do replace ogclient.jar with wsogclient.jar, as required.

I get the following exception:
        ==============================

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'grid': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is java.lang.LinkageError: loading constraint violation: loader "com/ibm/ws/classloader/CompoundClassLoader@6ce46ce4" previously initiated loading for a different type with name "org/osgi/framework/Bundle" defined by loader "org/eclipse/core/launcher/Main$StartupClassLoader@591a591a"
        Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: loading constraint violation: loader "com/ibm/ws/classloader/CompoundClassLoader@6ce46ce4" previously initiated loading for a different type with name "org/osgi/framework/Bundle" defined by loader "org/eclipse/core/launcher/Main$StartupClassLoader@591a591a"
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:151)
        at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader._defineClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:577)
        at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.findClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:529)
        at com.ibm.ws.classloader.CompoundClassLoader.loadClass(CompoundClassLoader.java:412)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:605)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.BundleResolverImpl.getOSGiResourceBundle(BundleResolverImpl.java:324)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.BundleResolverImpl.resolve(BundleResolverImpl.java:223)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.TraceNLS.getResourceBundle(TraceNLS.java:647)
        at com.ibm.ws.logging.cbe.WsNoTemplateContentHandlerImpl.getResourceBundle(WsNoTemplateContentHandlerImpl.java:676)
        at com.ibm.ws.logging.cbe.WsNoTemplateContentHandlerImpl.completeEvent(WsNoTemplateContentHandlerImpl.java:344)
        at com.ibm.ws.logging.object.WsLogRecordFactory.createWsLogRecord(WsLogRecordFactory.java:245)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.logToJSR47Logger(Tr.java:1618)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.fireEvent(Tr.java:1548)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.fireMessageEvent(Tr.java:1480)
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.error(Tr.java:691)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.runtime.RuntimeInfo.checkProductType(RuntimeInfo.java:557)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.runtime.RuntimeInfo.traceVersionInfo(RuntimeInfo.java:137)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerFactory$1.run(ObjectGridManagerFactory.java:75)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:192)
        at com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridManagerFactory.<clinit>(ObjectGridManagerFactory.java:57)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
        at com.fmr.eca.es.client.core.util.ha.ObjectGridFactory.createGrid(ObjectGridFactory.java:70)
        at com.fmr.eca.es.client.core.util.ha.ObjectGridFactory.getObject(ObjectGridFactory.java:137)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectFromFactoryBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1246)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getObjectForBeanInstance(AbstractBeanFactory.java:1217)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:260)
        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:733)
        at com.xx.es.client.core.util.GenericServiceImpl.setupGridService(GenericServiceImpl.java:80)
        at com.xx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.getGenericService(RuntimeConfig.java:90)
        at com.xx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.getProductMap(RuntimeConfig.java:97)
        at com.xx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.isProductEnabled(RuntimeConfig.java:70)
        at com.xx.service.accountPositions.AccountPositionsController_v10.GetAccountPositions(AccountPositionsController_v10.java:608)

There are two things worth noticing here:
        =========================================

1) There is a classloader problem:

-Somewhere in the forum it is suggested that wsogclient.jar should be placed under the WAS_HOME/lib/ext folder to avoid the classloader issue. Is this the recommended solution to the conflict between Main$StartupClassLoader and CompoundClassLoader?

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14768005&#14768005
        2) The classloader problem manifests when it is trying to report an error during checkProductType
        at com.ibm.ejs.ras.Tr.error(Tr.java:691)
        at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.runtime.RuntimeInfo.checkProductType(RuntimeInfo.java:557)

-Is there an incompatibility that is being reported here between Websphere 6.1.0.29 and ExtremeScale 8.5.0.0

This is a Proof Of Concept and the choice of Enterprise wide caching platform depends on this project. Please help.

Thanks

Vinay

Software Engineer,
        Fidelity Management Research
        vinay.soni@fmr.com
        • jhanders
          jhanders
          257 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T17:27:59Z  in response to deravin
          Vinay,

WebSphere eXtreme Scale versions do not line up with WebSphere Application Server (WAS) versions because Websphere eXtreme Scale supports multiple version of the WebSphere Application Server product. For instance:

7.1.0 supports WAS 6.0.2, 6.1, and 7.0 initially. 8.0 support was added in a fixpack once 8.0 was shipped.
          7.1.1 supports WAS 6.1, 7.0, and 8.0. 8.5 was not available when 7.1.1 shipped. I will have to look at a support statement for 8.5 for the 7.1.1 product.
          8.5.0 supports WAS 6.1, 7.0, 8.0, and 8.5.
          8.6.0 supports WAS 7.0, 8.0, and 8.5.

=========================

In your earlier post I was under the impression that Tomcat and Jetty were not working. Your new post helps clear that up. In your Tomcat and Jetty environment you should only require ogclient.jar (if you are only doing client) OR objectgrid.jar (if you are starting the server runtime as well as a client). Conditionally you may require ogspring.jar if you are using the integrated spring function.

In your WebSphere application you should either install the product and not put anything in your EAR file, or you should only put in wsogclient.jar and conditionally the ogspring.jar depending on if you are using the integrated spring function.

If in your WebSphere application you have objectgrid.jar and/or ogclient.jar, the classloader can load the same classes that are in Websphere Application Server depending on your application classloader policy. The objectgrid.jar and ogclient.jar files are built to be run outside of a WebSphere Application Server environment so they contain the dependent class files for the functions in WebSphere that WebSphere eXtreme Scale relies on.

I hope this helps clarify how to include the WebSphere eXtreme Scale libraries in your applications for the target environments.

Jared Anderson
          • deravin
            deravin
            8 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T19:18:03Z  in response to jhanders
            Hi Jared,

Your reply was very helpful and I am past the exception I got earlier and made progress.

This one is about ClassNotFound of a class that is the Key I am trying to retrieve from the OG. The class com.fmr.eca.bo.accountPositions.cache.PositionsKey is there is the WEB-INF/classes folder.

It appears to be similar to another thread (which suggests that this classloader problem was solved long time ago):

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=13924290&#13924290

Exception:
            =========

com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: An internal error happened processing the request vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
            at com.xxx.es.client.core.util.GenericServiceImpl.mget(GenericServiceImpl.java:490)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:304)
            at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:198)
            at $Proxy3.mget(Unknown Source)
            at com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.logic.PositionsCacheCommon.getPositionsPayloadFromCache(PositionsCacheCommon.java:348)
            at com.xxx.service.accountPositions.AccountPositionsController_v10.GetAccountPositions(AccountPositionsController_v10.java:613)
            at com.fmr.www.AccountPositionsBindingImpl.getAccountPositions(AccountPositionsBindingImpl.java:105)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.JavaDispatcher.invokeMethod(JavaDispatcher.java:178)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.JavaDispatcher.invokeOperation(JavaDispatcher.java:141)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.SoapRPCProcessor.processRequestResponse(SoapRPCProcessor.java:481)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.SoapRPCProcessor.processMessage(SoapRPCProcessor.java:427)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.BasicDispatcher.processMessage(BasicDispatcher.java:134)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.SessionDispatcher.invoke(SessionDispatcher.java:204)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.PivotHandlerWrapper.invoke(PivotHandlerWrapper.java:248)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.handlers.jaxrpc.JAXRPCHandler.invoke(JAXRPCHandler.java:152)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.handlers.WrappedHandler.invoke(WrappedHandler.java:64)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.PivotHandlerWrapper.invoke(PivotHandlerWrapper.java:248)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesEngine.invoke(WebServicesEngine.java:336)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.WebServicesServlet.doPost(WebServicesServlet.java:840)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
            at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.WebServicesServletBase.service(WebServicesServletBase.java:341)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1146)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:592)
            at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:525)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3548)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:269)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:818)
            at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
            at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:126)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
            at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:267)
            at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214)
            at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113)
            at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
            at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
            at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture$1.run(AsyncChannelFuture.java:205)
            at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)
            Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.plugins.LoaderException: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: An internal error happened processing the request vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.map.BaseMap.getAllRaw(BaseMap.java:4358)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.DiffMap.batchFetchToDiffMap(DiffMap.java:1549)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.DiffMap.getAll(DiffMap.java:1486)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectMapImpl.getAll(ObjectMapImpl.java:841)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ObjectMapImpl.getAll(ObjectMapImpl.java:789)
            at com.xxx.es.client.core.util.GenericServiceImpl.mget(GenericServiceImpl.java:485)
            ... 47 more
            Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.ObjectGridRuntimeException: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: An internal error happened processing the request vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.client.ORBClientCoreMessageHandler.sendMessage(ORBClientCoreMessageHandler.java:747)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.client.ORBClientCoreMessageHandler.sendGetRequest(ORBClientCoreMessageHandler.java:1187)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.client.RemoteTransactionCallbackImpl.mapGet(RemoteTransactionCallbackImpl.java:1208)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.client.RemoteCacheLoader.get(RemoteCacheLoader.java:434)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.map.BaseMap.getAllRaw(BaseMap.java:4348)
            ... 52 more
            Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: An internal error happened processing the request vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ShardImpl.processMessage(ShardImpl.java:1049)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.partition.IDLShardPOA._invoke(IDLShardPOA.java:191)
            at com.ibm.CORBA.poa.POAServerDelegate.dispatchToServant(POAServerDelegate.java:402)
            at com.ibm.CORBA.poa.POAServerDelegate.internalDispatch(POAServerDelegate.java:334)
            at com.ibm.CORBA.poa.POAServerDelegate.dispatch(POAServerDelegate.java:256)
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:513)
            at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java:1574)
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.respondTo(Connection.java:2845)
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java:2718)
            at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java:63)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.thread.ORBThreadPool$1.run(ORBThreadPool.java:82)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
            Caused by: java.io.IOException: com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.PositionsKey
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.event.ClientGetRequestSystemEvent.readEvent(ClientGetRequestSystemEvent.java:491)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ServerCoreEventProcessor.initRequestEvent(ServerCoreEventProcessor.java:1929)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ServerCoreEventProcessor.processClientServerRequest(ServerCoreEventProcessor.java:2028)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.ShardImpl.processMessage(ShardImpl.java:1001)
            ... 13 more
            Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.xxx.bo.accountPositions.cache.PositionsKey
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at com.ibm.ws.xs.io.ObjectStreamPool$ClassForNamePrivilegedAction.run(ObjectStreamPool.java:372)
            at com.ibm.ws.xs.io.ObjectStreamPool$ReusableInputStream.resolveClass(ObjectStreamPool.java:286)
            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.map.BaseMap$BaseMapObjectTransformer.inflateObject(BaseMap.java:6564)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.map.BaseMap$BaseMapObjectTransformer.inflateKey(BaseMap.java:6507)
            at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.event.ClientGetRequestSystemEvent.readEvent(ClientGetRequestSystemEvent.java:482)

Thanks,

Vinay Soni
            Software Engineer,
            Fidelity Management Research
            vinay.soni@fmr.com
            • jhanders
              jhanders
              257 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T20:04:00Z  in response to deravin
              Vinay,

The problem you are seeing is that the grid server does not have reference to the key class. If you are using copy to bytes you don't need the value class on the server side unless you are doing things like query, index, or agents. In release 7.1.1 we introduced the DataSerializer interface that can allow you to not even fluff up the key or the value on the server side if you do not want it to.

To resolve this issue if you are using a stand-alone server in a Java SE environment, add -jvmargs -cp <classForGrid.jar> to your startOgServer script at the end. Minimally you will need the key classes on the server side.

I hope that helps. If you have more questions let us know.

Jared Anderson
              • deravin
                deravin
                8 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-12T14:46:14Z  in response to jhanders
                Hi Jared,

Thanks for your help. I am now able to connect with the grid without any difficulty.

However, I left my client running overnight and when I came back in the morning it complained about licensing.

Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.TransactionException: Transaction Rollback - Caused by transaction attempting to commit after the evaluation version has expired
                at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.SessionImpl.commit(SessionImpl.java:1510)
                I have a Spring based client and server. I use the XS jars from the product that I have installed using IBM installation manager. Within the "installation manager" it indicates that the licence type as "Permanent".

Do I need an additional license jar file to prevent this from happening?
                Or are the jars sufficient in themselves to know that license is good (may be I have mixed a jar from the trial version that I was using in the beginning)?

If you feel that you need to communicate directly with me, please feel free to email me.

Thanks again for your help.

Vinay

com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.spring.ObjectGridTransactionException: Cant commit; nested exception is com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.TransactionException: rolling back transaction, see caused by exception
                Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.TransactionException: rolling back transaction, see caused by exception
                at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.SessionImpl.rollbackPMapChanges(SessionImpl.java:2326)
                at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.SessionImpl.commit(SessionImpl.java:1933)
                at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.spring.ObjectGridPlatformTransactionManager.doCommit(ObjectGridPlatformTransactionManager.java:35)
                at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.processCommit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:662)
                at org.springframework.transaction.support.AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.commit(AbstractPlatformTransactionManager.java:632)
                at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.commitTransactionAfterReturning(TransactionAspectSupport.java:314)
                at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:116)
                at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
                at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
                at $Proxy3.queryByKey(Unknown Source)
                at com.xx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.getProductMap(RuntimeConfig.java:97)
                at com.xx.bo.accountPositions.cache.control.RuntimeConfig.isProductEnabled(RuntimeConfig.java:70)
                at com.xx.service.accountPositions.AccountPositionsController_v10.GetAccountPositions(AccountPositionsController_v10.java:608)
                at com.xx.www.AccountPositionsBindingImpl.getAccountPositions(AccountPositionsBindingImpl.java:105)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.SoapRPCProcessor.processRequestResponse(SoapRPCProcessor.java:481)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.SoapRPCProcessor.processMessage(SoapRPCProcessor.java:427)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.BasicDispatcher.processMessage(BasicDispatcher.java:134)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.dispatchers.java.SessionDispatcher.invoke(SessionDispatcher.java:204)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.handlers.jaxrpc.JAXRPCHandler.invoke(JAXRPCHandler.java:152)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.handlers.WrappedHandler.invoke(WrappedHandler.java:64)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.WebServicesEngine.invoke(WebServicesEngine.java:336)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.WebServicesServlet.doPost(WebServicesServlet.java:840)
                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:763)
                at com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.transport.http.WebServicesServletBase.service(WebServicesServletBase.java:341)
                at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
                at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1146)
                at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:592)
                at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:525)
                at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:90)
                at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:751)
                at com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:1478)
                at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:126)
                at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:458)
                at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewInformation(HttpInboundLink.java:387)
                at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:267)
                at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214)
                at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113)
                at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165)
                at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
                at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:136)
                at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:196)
                at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:751)
                at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:881)
                at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1497)
                Caused by: com.ibm.websphere.objectgrid.TransactionException: Transaction Rollback - Caused by transaction attempting to commit after the evaluation version has expired
                at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.SessionImpl.commit(SessionImpl.java:1510)
                ... 52 more
                • jhanders
                  jhanders
                  257 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-14T03:54:24Z  in response to deravin
                  Vinay,

The exception indicates that you are using a jar from the trial image instead of from the install manager image. The trial time bomb is in the runtime code and is not based off of a license file. So even if you have the install manager image installed, the trial jars will not disable the time bomb.

My guess is when you were pulling the jars from the different images there was a mix up somewhere where either there is a mix of jars from a real image and from the trial image or previously you were using a trial image jar and it didn't get updated to a real image jar. You can determine if a jar is from the trial image by doing "java -jar <jar name> version", where <jar name> is objectgrid.jar, ogclient.jar, wsobjectgrid.jar, or wsogclient.jar. In the output you will see the word "Trial" indicating it is from the trial image.

I hope that helps clear things up for you. Sorry for the delay.

Jared Anderson
                  • 8S0M_Rizwana_Shaik
                    8S0M_Rizwana_Shaik
                    1 Post
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-11-25T08:20:29Z  in response to jhanders

Hi ,

we have verified 

]$ java -jar objectgrid.jar version
                    WebSphere eXtreme Scale - ObjectGrid Stand-alone Server 8.6.0.2 [cf21323.07120159]

but still we see the message as

at com.ibm.ws.objectgrid.SessionImpl.commit(SessionImpl.java:1684)

Please help us

Regards,

Karunakar