Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-10T16:36:01Z by IdanAdar
XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
10 Posts

Pinned topic Worklight 5.0.5 Developer Edition Error

‏2012-12-07T21:31:28Z |
Upgraded to 5.0.5 today and now I'm unable to invoke any Worklight features from context menu within eclipse. In many cases the menus are empty. For instance, right click on your app->run as. The menu doesn't even expand.

Here's the error being thrown from within eclipse:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.worklight.common.i18n.MessageFormatter.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
at com.worklight.metadata.application.DescriptorParser.<init>(DescriptorParser.java:26)
at com.worklight.builder.util.BuilderUtils.getAppDescriptor(BuilderUtils.java:118)
at com.worklight.builder.config.UserBuildConfiguration$Builder.<init>(UserBuildConfiguration.java:208)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.handlers.project.AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.upgradeApplications(AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.java:89)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.handlers.project.AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.handleSource(AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.java:45)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.handlers.project.AbstractAuthenticationConfigUpgradeHandler.handleSource(AbstractAuthenticationConfigUpgradeHandler.java:43)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.handlers.project.AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.doHandleSource(AbstractProjectUpgradeHandler.java:50)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.UpgradeInstruction.upgradeResource(UpgradeInstruction.java:34)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.AbstractUpgrader.performUpgrade(AbstractUpgrader.java:147)
at com.worklight.builder.sourcemanager.AbstractUpgrader.upgrade(AbstractUpgrader.java:98)
at com.worklight.studio.plugin.upgrader.WLUpgrader.upgradeExistingProject(WLUpgrader.java:84)
at com.worklight.studio.plugin.upgrader.WLUpgrader.runInWorkspace(WLUpgrader.java:48)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Tried creating a new Worklight Project as well and creating a new eclipse workspace. Neither resolved the problem.
  • XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
    XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
    10 Posts

Re: Worklight 5.0.5 Developer Edition Error

‏2012-12-07T21:32:17Z  
    Also:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.worklight.common.i18n.MessageFormatter.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    at com.worklight.metadata.application.DescriptorParser.<init>(DescriptorParser.java:26)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.utils.PluginUtils.getApplicationDescriptor(PluginUtils.java:440)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.ResourceHandlerFactory.isInnerApplicationFolder(ResourceHandlerFactory.java:147)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.getDerivedApplication(DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:107)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.getAdapter(DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.adapter.AdapterFactoryProxy.getAdapter(AdapterFactoryProxy.java:80)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.AdapterManager.getAdapter(AdapterManager.java:326)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.AdapterManager.getAdapter(AdapterManager.java:307)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.AdaptExpression.evaluate(AdaptExpression.java:80)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.IterateExpression.evaluate(IterateExpression.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.CompositeExpression.evaluateAnd(CompositeExpression.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.EnablementExpression.evaluate(EnablementExpression.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchShortcutExtension.evalEnablementExpression(LaunchShortcutExtension.java:287)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction.isApplicable(ContextualLaunchAction.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction.fillMenu(ContextualLaunchAction.java:216)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction$1.menuShown(ContextualLaunchAction.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:247)
  • MikeRott
    MikeRott
    1 Post

‏2012-12-07T22:29:43Z  
    Also:

at com.worklight.studio.plugin.utils.PluginUtils.getApplicationDescriptor(PluginUtils.java:440)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.ResourceHandlerFactory.isInnerApplicationFolder(ResourceHandlerFactory.java:147)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.getDerivedApplication(DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:107)
    at com.worklight.studio.plugin.resourcehandlers.DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.getAdapter(DerivedResourceHandlerFactory.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.adapter.AdapterFactoryProxy.getAdapter(AdapterFactoryProxy.java:80)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.AdapterManager.getAdapter(AdapterManager.java:326)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.AdapterManager.getAdapter(AdapterManager.java:307)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.AdaptExpression.evaluate(AdaptExpression.java:80)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.IterateExpression.evaluate(IterateExpression.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.expressions.EnablementExpression.evaluate(EnablementExpression.java:53)
    at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.LaunchShortcutExtension.evalEnablementExpression(LaunchShortcutExtension.java:287)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction.isApplicable(ContextualLaunchAction.java:286)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction.fillMenu(ContextualLaunchAction.java:216)
    at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ContextualLaunchAction$1.menuShown(ContextualLaunchAction.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:247)
    Hi Brandon,

The upload to the update site was apparently very slow, so I wonder if you were unlucky and hit it before all the bits were there. First thing I would do if I were you is revert your Eclipse install to the prior known good state using:

Help -> Install New Software -> What is "Already Installed" -> Installation History -> (select a recent state before your attempt to install Worklight 5.0.5) -> Revert

Then try the install of Worklight 5.0.5 again. If you still have failures, please report back to this thread with your Eclipse version, operating system, and which Worklight version you are upgrading from.

thanks.
  • XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
    XV3K_Brandon_Murphy
    10 Posts

‏2012-12-10T14:00:47Z  
    • MikeRott
    • ‏2012-12-07T22:29:43Z
    Hi Brandon,

The upload to the update site was apparently very slow, so I wonder if you were unlucky and hit it before all the bits were there. First thing I would do if I were you is revert your Eclipse install to the prior known good state using:

Help -> Install New Software -> What is "Already Installed" -> Installation History -> (select a recent state before your attempt to install Worklight 5.0.5) -> Revert

Then try the install of Worklight 5.0.5 again. If you still have failures, please report back to this thread with your Eclipse version, operating system, and which Worklight version you are upgrading from.

thanks.
    Uninstalling IBM Worklight v5.0.0.3 Interim Fix for Xcode 4.5 and iOS 6 resolved my issue.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    300 Posts

‏2012-12-10T16:03:42Z  
    Looks like I have the same problem. Today I updated my Worklight plugin in Eclipse to version 5.05 on Windows 7.
    After that I no longer had te icons and menu's.
    As suggested I will try to reinstall the plugin. But I think it is worth looking into this problem if other also experience this.

Kind regards
    Kevin Vertongen
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    49 Posts

‏2012-12-10T16:36:01Z  
    Hello,

Yes, this is an unfortunate issue that is being actively investigated. Upgrading an existing 5.0.0.3 installation causes all sort of issues...
    Current alternatives are to either uninstall the plug-in and install the newer version, or install the plug-in to a new Eclipse instance and import project.

Sorry for that.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform