Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-08T20:27:11Z by vlit
ChristianSalvador
ChristianSalvador
28 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Show Snapshots deploying from PCenter to PServer

‏2012-12-07T17:26:49Z |
Hi everyone i have a question, i deploy snapshots from de Process Center console to some of the process servers connected to the Process Center. So when i go to the Administrative Console in the Process Server where the snapshot was deployed i dont see the process in the seccion of applications, (Applications > Applications Types > Websphere Enterprise Applications ) Is there a way o activate something for seeing the deployed process in this seccion?? or the only way i can see is throw the process admin??

Thanks!

Christian Salvador
Updated on 2012-12-08T20:27:11Z at 2012-12-08T20:27:11Z by vlit
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Show Snapshots deploying from PCenter to PServer

‏2012-12-07T17:38:04Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
    Hi,
    In the Websphere console you see the Java applications and those don't change When you deploy something from the process center To the process server.
    In the Process Admin console you see the deplores process apps.
    • ChristianSalvador
      ChristianSalvador
      28 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T17:48:20Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for answered.

I dont understand, the Process App that you create in the process center console its like an EAR file right? so i can open this in the Integration Designer and export the application like an EAR file and install it in the administrative console of the process server, so this way when i list all the applications in the administrative console it appear the ear file that i install.

But the scenario that i describe in my curiosity is, i open the process app in the integratino designer so when i finish working on this one, i enter the process center sonole and i deploy the application to the process server. But when i enter to the administrative console of the process server that i deploy the application i dont see the application when i list all the applications. Is there a way where i deploy the application from the process center console and i see this applicatinos in the list with the other in the administrative console??

I know i can see the applications installed in the process admin console but is there way where i can see the application in the administrative console?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T18:41:16Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
        I dont understand, the Process App that you create in the process center console its like an EAR file right?

No they are not.

Let me start with a simple case, and work my way up. If you define a BPD with a few simple activities and then create a snapshot, the result is essentially a handful of XML files that then get compressed (zip format) into the TWX. When you deploy that snapshot the engine translates those XML files into entries in the PROC database.

No applications or code is deployed to WAS! There is essentially one application that just "interprets" can configuration. You could deploy a thousand process process applications like this and not a single line of code would be deployed to Websphere. (This, by the way, is true for Javascript too. Those are just copied into database fields and interpreted at runtime.)

Now, let's take it one step more complicated: you have a Java connector that calls a JAR file deployed as part of the process app.

No applications or code is deployed to WAS! Everything works the same way it did before. The JAR is bundled into the ZIP, but it is never deployed to Websphere. It is just stored in a BLOB in the database. And then, through the magic of a custom classloader, is loaded as needed. This is why you can have five different versions of the JAR in five different versions of the process app, all deployed simulaneously without any conflicts. The "interpreter" knows which snapshot the current instances is running on and just dynamically loads the correct classes from the JAR dynamically.

Now, even more one step more complicated: you have a AIS as part of the process application that is implemented using IID.

Now there actually is a new application deployed to WAS. The IID piece is deployed as an application to WAS so that it can execute independently of the Process Application itself. (Say if there is a SCA service that most listen for connections). The deployment process extracts the EAR out of the TWX and deploys it when the TWX is installed.

So, bottom line, the TWX is nothing like an EAR. It might contain one or more EAR files that represent the IID parts of a Process Application, but the TWX itself is really just a bundle of XML files that dictate changes to the databases, and things that must be executed at deployment time (like installation services and EARs to install).

So when you look at the WAS console you don't see anything. Since, unless there is an IID AIS that is part of the install, there is nothing that has been changed in WAS. It still only has the "interpreter" application. (In reality there are several EARs that make up the interpreter, but the point is that there are not changes being made to WAS when you install a Process App snapshot.)

David
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T18:41:46Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
        What version are you using?
      • vlit
        vlit
        916 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T18:48:53Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
        Hi,

Let's say simply.

There are ProcessApps of two types in IBM BPM - clear BPMN (Lombardi) and BPMN + BPEL (Lombardi + IBM PS).
        Second type contains AIS (advanced integration services).

When you deploy 1st type on Process Server - EAR won't created. Its code is being executed in Runtime Env.
        When you deploy 2nd type - EA will be created and deployed in WAS. If you don't see it in WAS console - to Activate it in Process Admin Console.
        Vladlen.
        • ChristianSalvador
          ChristianSalvador
          28 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T19:33:35Z  in response to vlit
          Thanks everyone for the answered, i understand more clear the runtime environment. I have one final question, if you deploy a Process App (BPMN Process), when you create an instance its visible from the BPC Explorer??? or can you see the Process Templates?? in the BPC Explorar?? or this concepts are only avaible for BPEL?

If you can not see the instances in the BPC Explorar, so this tools do nothing with the BPMN??
          Thanks!
          Christian Salvador
          • ChristianSalvador
            ChristianSalvador
            28 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T19:34:21Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
            I've forgot to say there is a Business Process Manager v7.5 Advanced
          • vlit
            vlit
            916 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-08T20:27:11Z  in response to ChristianSalvador
            Yes, BPMN processes won't be visible in BPC Explorer.
            Good example - BPM Standard which don't contain BPEL Runtime.

For control of BPMN instances you must use Process Inspector.

Vladlen.