• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-08T11:40:16Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic DOORS WEXP Caption Numbering by levels

‏2012-12-07T16:17:50Z |
Hi,

I am new to using WEXP and would like to eport OLE objects to Word documents with added captions.

I can get this to work, however, I would like the captions to be numbered including the section numbers at level 2. This should be the same as the DOORS heading level.

I had set the WEXP template which I am using to export to include the correct style captions, and made these a style within the document too. However, whenever I export it still only numbers the figures etc 1, 2, 3 regardless of their location within the document rather than 1.1-1, 2.3-1 etc.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how this is configured, or if it is hard coded within the wexp.inc.
If it is the latter can I change this easily within the WEXP code by adding the relevant field code {STYLEREF 2 \s} or just tell it to pick up the style from the template.

Presumably any function that is doing the cross referencing to the table / figure would also need to know where in the hierarchy the object sat?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks Matt
Updated on 2012-12-08T11:40:16Z at 2012-12-08T11:40:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • kabr
    kabr
    115 Posts

Re: DOORS WEXP Caption Numbering by levels

‏2012-12-07T20:16:50Z  
    I haven't tried this, but I would assume that this is configurable in Word, i.e. configure the caption styles.

Karl
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

Re: DOORS WEXP Caption Numbering by levels

‏2012-12-08T11:40:16Z  
    • kabr
    • ‏2012-12-07T20:16:50Z
    I haven't tried this, but I would assume that this is configurable in Word, i.e. configure the caption styles.

Karl
    You can either rely on Word to define the numbers (using styles, sequences or macros) or rely on DOORS.
    In your case it might be a good idea to use the object number maintained by DOORS. So, create a view that shows the DOORS Object Number to the left of the object heading.
    Additionally you can use the attribute "Paragraph Style" to later be able to create an index of the captions

HTH
    BR
    Mike