Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-07T23:20:54Z by 3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
14225 Posts

Pinned topic IBM Installation Manager - How to remove RSA 8.0

‏2012-12-07T14:49:52Z |
I want to upgrade RSA 8.0 to RSA 8.5. However I can't proceed with the installation of RSA 8.5 since I am unable to uninstall RSA 8.0.4.1. Since I'm using the software with an educational licence it seems as if I am not entitled to IBM commercial support. Hopefully someone here can help with my problem.

RSA appears as %Offering.name 8.0.4.1 in IBM Installation Manager. Trying to uninstall results in the following error messages:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed IU com.ibm.ccl.common.splash.feature..com.ibm.ccl.common.splash 1.0.151.v20120412_2209.

The resolve process can not be completed.Can not find shareable entities for %Offering.name in /var/ibm/InstallationManager/installRegistry/metadata/Offerings/com.ibm.rational.rsa.80_8.0.4010.RSAO8041-I20120502_1814.jar/com.ibm.rational.rsa.80_8.0.4010.RSAO8041-I20120502_1814/ShareableEntities.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No metadata found for installed IU com.ibm.ccl.common.splash.feature..com.ibm.ccl.common.splash 1.0.151.v20120412_2209.

Stack Trace:
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ProfileInstallRegistry.getInstalledIU(InstallRegistry.java:1087)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ContextInstallRegistry.getInstalledIU(InstallRegistry.java:868)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ContextInstallRegistry.getInstalledIU(InstallRegistry.java:868)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ContextInstallRegistry.addInstalledIUs(InstallRegistry.java:857)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.InstallRegistry$ContextInstallRegistry.getInstalledIUs(InstallRegistry.java:849)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallContextTree.computePairs(InstallContextTree.java:204)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.InstallContextTree.getPairs(InstallContextTree.java:180)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.MetadataReplacer.extractMetadataReplacementPairs(MetadataReplacer.java:122)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.MetadataReplacer.extractMetadataReplacementPairs(MetadataReplacer.java:113)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.MetadataReplacer.replace(MetadataReplacer.java:83)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.expandAndQualify(Director.java:1170)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.getSizeInfo(Director.java:232)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.core.Director.getSizeInfo(Director.java:174)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.getSizeInfo(Agent.java:2410)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.SpaceInfoUtils.getTotalSizeInfo(SpaceInfoUtils.java:212)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.SpaceInfoUtils.getEclipseCacheLocationSizeListMap(SpaceInfoUtils.java:102)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.SpaceInfoUtils.validateAvailableSpace(SpaceInfoUtils.java:270)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.AgentUtil.validateJobs(AgentUtil.java:159)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.uninstall(Agent.java:1582)
com.ibm.cic.agent.core.Agent.uninstall(Agent.java:1627)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.UninstallWizard.performTask(UninstallWizard.java:113)
com.ibm.cic.agent.internal.ui.wizards.AgentUIWizard$2.run(AgentUIWizard.java:468)
com.ibm.cic.common.ui.internal.parts.ProgressPart$ProgressJob.run(ProgressPart.java:104)
org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Any suggestions? :-)
  • 3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
    3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
    2 Posts

Re: IBM Installation Manager - How to remove RSA 8.0

‏2014-04-02T23:02:23Z  

Hi There,

I am also having the same problem however for version 9 of RAD. 

I cannot use Data Studio 4 as a result because the trial version of RAD has expired and it loads rad when i load data studio :(

please see the attached picture

Updated on 2014-04-02T23:03:14Z at 2014-04-02T23:03:14Z by 3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
  • FXPanaget
    FXPanaget
    22 Posts

‏2014-04-04T16:12:23Z  

Hi There,

I am also having the same problem however for version 9 of RAD. 

I cannot use Data Studio 4 as a result because the trial version of RAD has expired and it loads rad when i load data studio :(

please see the attached picture

Hi,

In your screenshot it seems that the IBM Rational Application Developer Code Coverage version 8.0.4 is installed in the same package.
    This seems odd, did you install it at the same time as RAD 9.0? Shouldn't it be 9.0 instead?
    I would advise you anyhow to select it as well when try to uninstall RAD.
    As well, what was the order of installation RAD first and then DataStudio or the contrary?

If the problem persists, I would advise you to contact your IBM Support team so they can investigate further what is going on.

Regards,
    François

• 3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
    3ESJ_Jared_Nagle
    2 Posts

‏2014-04-07T23:20:54Z  
    • FXPanaget
    • ‏2014-04-04T16:12:23Z

Hi,

In your screenshot it seems that the IBM Rational Application Developer Code Coverage version 8.0.4 is installed in the same package.
    This seems odd, did you install it at the same time as RAD 9.0? Shouldn't it be 9.0 instead?
    I would advise you anyhow to select it as well when try to uninstall RAD.
    As well, what was the order of installation RAD first and then DataStudio or the contrary?

If the problem persists, I would advise you to contact your IBM Support team so they can investigate further what is going on.

Regards,
    François

Hi,

Thank you for your reply,

I have since been able to uninstall the software by going through Window's 'programs and features' uninstall method.

In answer to your question however, yes i believe i did install it at the same time as RAD 9.0.

Kind regards,

Jared.