• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T23:31:03Z by pdubovitsky
melshah
melshah
72 Posts

Pinned topic Access multiple query from CQ web in restricted mode via security

‏2012-12-06T20:51:36Z |
Hi,

Currently i see that in CQ web http://7.1.1 i can set up the security for a particular user to access only 1 query (xyz) under publicfolder/Defects/xyz.

Can i give access to 1 user to access all the query under publicfolder/Defects or allow to access mutliple query which is stored under publicfolder/Defects folder.

I did not see the option to allow access to all the queries under the Defect folder

CqWebAdmin.pdf guide also does not mention anything about it

is it possible ?

Thanks
Sagar
Updated on 2012-12-11T23:31:03Z at 2012-12-11T23:31:03Z by pdubovitsky
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

Re: Access multiple query from CQ web in restricted mode via security

‏2012-12-07T04:14:08Z  
    Hi,

It is restricted mode: no license is acquired, but limited options are available only. If you would like to enable entire workspace for the user, it should be a regular user, not a restricted one.

Pavel
  • melshah
    melshah
    72 Posts

‏2012-12-07T19:14:39Z  
    Hi,

It is restricted mode: no license is acquired, but limited options are available only. If you would like to enable entire workspace for the user, it should be a regular user, not a restricted one.

Pavel
    So in full license mode is there an option where i can set the user to see only one folder and all the queries under that folder nothing else

Example:
    publicfolder/x/many queries
    publicfolder/y/many queries

I want user1 to have access to only "publicfolder/x/many queries" nothing else is that possible?

-Sagar
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2012-12-07T22:17:57Z  
    • melshah
    • ‏2012-12-07T19:14:39Z
    So in full license mode is there an option where i can set the user to see only one folder and all the queries under that folder nothing else

Example:
    publicfolder/x/many queries
    publicfolder/y/many queries

I want user1 to have access to only "publicfolder/x/many queries" nothing else is that possible?

-Sagar
    You can change workspace permissions granting read-limited access to the "Public Queries" folder, and read-only to the "x" subfolder.
    Nevertheless, it would not prevent users to create their own personal queries. If you would like to protect visibility of data, you might consider using security context feature.

Pavel
  • melshah
    melshah
    72 Posts

‏2012-12-11T18:03:04Z  
    You can change workspace permissions granting read-limited access to the "Public Queries" folder, and read-only to the "x" subfolder.
    Nevertheless, it would not prevent users to create their own personal queries. If you would like to protect visibility of data, you might consider using security context feature.

Pavel
    Hi,

If i right click on public folder i do not see any option to set permission on a folder. i am the super user and have all the other privilege. I am using CQ 7.1.1 is it available in this version ?

is there any tech notes which explains on how to do it ? I found the below tech note
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.clearquest.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_wsec_scenario1.htm

Any pointers on should i go about setting permissions ?

-Sagar
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2012-12-11T23:31:03Z  
    • melshah
    • ‏2012-12-11T18:03:04Z
    Hi,

If i right click on public folder i do not see any option to set permission on a folder. i am the super user and have all the other privilege. I am using CQ 7.1.1 is it available in this version ?

is there any tech notes which explains on how to do it ? I found the below tech note
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cqhelp/v8r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.clearquest.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_wsec_scenario1.htm

Any pointers on should i go about setting permissions ?

-Sagar
    Hi,

In order to use folder security, your database has to be at feature level 6 or higher.
    The following documentation might be useful: Workspace folder permissions overview

Pavel