Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T11:21:33Z by Champagne
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ReporterPLUS Bookmarks

‏2012-12-06T17:17:57Z |
When setting bookmarks within the ReporterPLUS template, the name does not transfer to the document.

What must I do to ensure the name that I give the bookmark transfers to the generated document? I'm currently seeing b1, b2, etc. as names.
Updated on 2012-12-11T11:21:33Z at 2012-12-11T11:21:33Z by Champagne
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ReporterPLUS Bookmarks

‏2012-12-10T14:32:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue? I'm trying to insert a table of figures and figure captions into my document using bookmark names. I think this would be a good way to do it if I could name the bookmark. So far, nothing is working.

Here's the site that talks about what I'm trying to do:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/automate-document-generation-sysml/index.html

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    • Champagne
      Champagne
      42 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ReporterPLUS Bookmarks

‏2012-12-11T11:21:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi, this seems to be a "featurette" in word generation.
      If it helps you will find that generating to RTF will create correctly named bookmarks.
      Word will open RTF files and this may give you a way forward.
      When I was doing this some time ago (if I scrabble round I may be abe to find the template but don't bet on it) I abandoned the inbuilt styles and output markers that were picked up by my word macros that appiled the word style I was after, one of these was a figure title and another was a table title so word could generate a table of figures, tables etc.
      If I remember correctly the markers were similar to HTML Tags i.e. with an opening and a closing tag so I could identify the rage to apply the style to, as long as you don't mind working on the macros you can do almost anything this way, I was going to adapt it so that it was using actual HTML tags but never got round to it, that way I could have created much better tables (my macro also found all the tables in a document and adjusted the column widths, borders etc. but it was a bit primative).