• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T10:36:07Z by kenhygh
PullMeOut
PullMeOut
47 Posts

Pinned topic Executing SOMA using SOAP URI

‏2012-12-06T15:56:27Z |
Hello All,
I am trying to run SOMA from soap uri , can some one throw some light …

1. Where do I need to give user and password in Base64 in SOAP uri , do I need to give username /pw in Soap uri preference ---> proxy settings
2. When I give the user/pw can I give developers user/pw for a specific domain or admin username /pw for the domain.

Any help is appreciated
Updated on 2012-12-07T10:36:07Z at 2012-12-07T10:36:07Z by kenhygh
  • Vinay16
    Vinay16
    8 Posts

Re: Executing SOMA using SOAP URI

‏2012-12-06T23:29:15Z  
    Hi,

1) Yes, you can define under proxy settings tab or you can also define username/password individually for every operation/request under Request Properties. You can see Request Properties only after selecting any operation/request.
    2) You should use privileged user accounts like admin.

Regards,
    Vinay.
  • PullMeOut
    PullMeOut
    47 Posts

‏2012-12-07T00:39:48Z  
    • Vinay16
    • ‏2012-12-06T23:29:15Z
    Hi,

1) Yes, you can define under proxy settings tab or you can also define username/password individually for every operation/request under Request Properties. You can see Request Properties only after selecting any operation/request.
    2) You should use privileged user accounts like admin.

Regards,
    Vinay.
    Thanks Vinay
    can you please let me know the format in which i should give user name/PW , i tried the below process but i am not getting any response

I gave the user name in Aut tab user name place holder as Base username( in Base64 format)
    I gave the Passcode in Aut tab password place holder as Base PW( in Base64 format)

Port/IP : I am using the port/IP given in XML management to trigger the request from SOAP URI

can you please help me out where i am missing
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1516 Posts

‏2012-12-07T10:36:07Z  
    • PullMeOut
    • ‏2012-12-07T00:39:48Z
    Thanks Vinay
    can you please let me know the format in which i should give user name/PW , i tried the below process but i am not getting any response

I gave the user name in Aut tab user name place holder as Base username( in Base64 format)
    I gave the Passcode in Aut tab password place holder as Base PW( in Base64 format)

Port/IP : I am using the port/IP given in XML management to trigger the request from SOAP URI

can you please help me out where i am missing
    I don't think you have to base64 the username and password, soapUI handles that automatically.

If you look in the http log tab, you can see exactly what you're sending from soapUI to DataPower.

Ken