Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T12:59:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic IBM BPM supports all types of Webservices ?

‏2012-12-06T13:04:12Z |
Hi,

Will IBM BPM supports all types of Websevices when it comes to intergerating a webservice from Lombardi? My requirement is integerating a webservice of type JAX-RPC. Also the webservice is SAML authenticated. Can it be possible to integerate these kind of webservices in IBM BPM?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Raghunath
Updated on 2012-12-07T12:59:58Z at 2012-12-07T12:59:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: IBM BPM supports all types of Webservices ?

‏2012-12-06T18:40:11Z  
    My understanding is that "JAX-RPC" is not a "type" of Web Service but is instead a specification of how Web Services can be invoked from a Java Environment. I also understand that this was supplanted by a later specification called "JAX-WS".

IBM BPM Advanced can invoke any kind of arbitrary Web Service including all the different flavors and variants that I can think of. Security can also include SAML tokens.

The IBM BPM Standard product provides a much more limited Web Service environment and I don't know if it supports SAML or not.

Neil
  • michal.holecka
    michal.holecka
    5 Posts

‏2012-12-07T07:32:56Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-12-06T18:40:11Z
    My understanding is that "JAX-RPC" is not a "type" of Web Service but is instead a specification of how Web Services can be invoked from a Java Environment. I also understand that this was supplanted by a later specification called "JAX-WS".

IBM BPM Advanced can invoke any kind of arbitrary Web Service including all the different flavors and variants that I can think of. Security can also include SAML tokens.

The IBM BPM Standard product provides a much more limited Web Service environment and I don't know if it supports SAML or not.

Neil
    Hello,

have a look on following table. It sums up supported web services standars

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v8r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wbpm.ref.doc%2Ftopics%2Fradm_webservice_specs.html

m.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-12-07T12:59:58Z  
    Thanks..