I am experiencing disappearing component data after the RUI Handler page is rendered and to make matters worse, it is intermittent. I have noticed that if I leave my mouse off the browser while the browser is being rendered sometimes it fully renders the page with the data, sometimes not. Also, after being rendered, if I move the mouse into the page or (sometimes) over an input-capable textfield, other non-input-capable textfields disappear. Scrolling to the bottom of the browser page seems to get the component data to reappear.
Application architecture follows a design based upon a Rich UI handler with widgets representing the current page added as a child component which I often see as the approach recommended for page navigation.
See attached screen shots for 'before' and 'after' views to see the impact on a datagrid.
I see this problem when developing and running inside the IDE and while debugging in a browser window as well as when deployed to Tomcat (6.32) running on the iSeries machine.
IDE Version : IBM Rational® Business Developer™ Version: 8.5 Build ID: RBDO85-I20120604_2101
Browsers : Windows Explorer 8 and Firefox 16.0.2
O/S : Windows XP, Windows 7
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
5 replies Latest Post - 2013-02-05T18:29:58Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Disappearing component data
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-02-05T18:29:58Z at 2013-02-05T18:29:58Z by SystemAdmin
Re: Disappearing component data2013-01-31T19:43:10Z in response to SystemAdminAttached is a Word doc of screen shots showing the DOJO component display anomaly before the IBM supplied remedy and screen shots showing the component behavior after the remedy was applied.
While the problem has been resolved the implications are that each PC's IE9 may have to be reconfigured using Microsoft Management Console.
Beyond that, it means deploying FireFox to each PC.
dan_darnell 27000038BE973 Posts
Re: Disappearing component data2013-02-05T16:14:53Z in response to dan_darnellUpdate:
As stated, the solution presented above relies upon using Microsoft Management Console to change IE settings. While the solution works to prevent IE9 from reverting to IE7 mode, the fix applies only to that machine. In addition, it could interfere with IE when using other applications. In short, it isn't the most ideal of solutions.
What follows is a solution that forces the browser to behave in a manner compatible with the EGL application and its DOJO components while using iFrames. (kudos to Dan Darnell for this idea) The HTML page-specific setting will be in effect only during the run-life of the application.
Shown here is the meta tag entry forcing IE9 to stay in IE9 mode.
<meta http-equiv= "X-UA-Compatible" content= "IE=edge">
This variation also works :
<meta http-equiv= "X-UA-Compatible" content= "IE=IE9">
Here's what Microsoft says about each of the two.
Edge mode tells Internet Explorer to display content in the highest mode available. With Internet Explorer 9, this is equivalent to IE9 mode. If a future release of Internet Explorer supported a higher compatibility mode, pages set to edge mode would appear in the highest mode supported by that version. Those same pages would still appear in IE9 mode when viewed with Internet Explorer 9.
IE9 mode provides the highest support available for established and emerging industry standards, including the HTML5 (Working Draft), W3C Cascading Style Sheets Level 3 Specification (Working Draft), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.0 Specification, and others. ( Note: IE 9 does not support CSS3 animations )
I suppose that last part means that if you want fire or rotating fonts as shown in an old IBM commercial, you're out of luck.
What follows is an HTML page that simply acts as a container within which the EGL application is presented within an iFrame. This allows the meta tag solution to be employed.
That about does it.
Re: Disappearing component data2013-02-05T18:29:58Z in response to SystemAdminCorrection:
The code presented shows a '<frame src=' construct being placed inside an iFrame. Clearly an error.
This is the proper assignment of the URL to the iFrame's src:
document.getElementById('FRAME').src = theURL ;
Apologies.Updated on 2014-03-25T04:36:16Z at 2014-03-25T04:36:16Z by iron-man