3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-10T04:00:35Z by Ravi_Kiran_Reddy
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic MQ Front Side Handler

‏2012-12-05T13:56:40Z |
Hello!

What is relationship between the parameter "The number of concurrent MQ connections" from the MQ Front Side Handler and the parameters "Open Connections (Total Connection limit and Initials connections)" of the tab Connections from the Queue Manager Object?

I have the "The number of concurrent MQ connections" configured to value=1 it means that the parameters "Open Connections" of the tab Connections from the Queue Manager Object will be ignored?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger
Updated on 2012-12-17T15:43:11Z at 2012-12-17T15:43:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • swlinn
    swlinn
    1344 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: MQ Front Side Handler

‏2012-12-06T00:03:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Total connections is the connection limit for the queue manager. When the queue manager starts up, it will initially grab the initial connections specified out of that total, but if you have the cache timeout set, those connections could become stale and be reclaimed. The FSH concurrent connection count is how many connections against the request queue (which also count against the total connection limit) that will be use to read requests when the hit the request queue. The more concurrent connections you have the faster you will consume messages from the request queue.

Regards,
    Steve
    • Ravi_Kiran_Reddy
      Ravi_Kiran_Reddy
      12 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-10T04:00:35Z  in response to swlinn

Hi Steve,

I made the total connectivity limit to 250. I have 20k messages in Queue. I was able to pull all the messages from queue in less than 1 minute. But the only 5% of messages are reaching the MPG. Rest are lost. i.e messages pulled by 249 concurrent transactions are lost while only 1 txn listening to queue is giving me the messages. Can you please suggest me some solution.

Thanks,

Ravi

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-17T15:43:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks!