Hi Cognos Gurus,
i have following requirement.
we have three query items
Client Group, Client Sub Group,Revenue.
and one static prompt.
In Bar Chart,we need to compare Total Revenue for Top 10 Vs Total Revenue for OTher Clients.
Here the Top 10 should be based on Static Prompt.
when Client Group selected, total revenue for Top 10 Client Groups ,
when Cleint Sub group is selected , total revenue for Top 10 Client Sub Groups
has to be displayed in the chart.
appreciate your help!!
Thanks in advance....
This topic has been locked.
2 replies Latest Post - 2012-12-11T06:08:18Z by PratapReddygajjala
Pinned topic Total revenue for Top 10 vs Others Comparison in Bar Chart
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-12-11T06:08:18Z at 2012-12-11T06:08:18Z by PratapReddygajjala
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK15496 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Total revenue for Top 10 vs Others Comparison in Bar Chart2012-12-05T12:34:11Z in response to PratapReddygajjalaHi Pratap,
This is very simple task.
Steps to follow:
1) Create value prompt with 2 static choices(Client Group,Cleint Sub group)
Create a new query for report
1)Drag Revenue measure into new query
2)Create New Data item for static choices and write code like
case when ?yourprompt?='Client Group'
then drag your Client Group data item
else drag your Cleint Sub group data item
3) Create New Data Item for rank and write code like rank(Your Revenue Measure)
4) Create Query Filter and write code like rank<=10
5) Under Filter Properties Change Application to After Auto Aggregation
1) Drag chart and select Bar Chart
2) In X-Axis drag your client group and sub client group data item as you created in report query
3) drag Revenue measure to default measures
4) run the report.
Attached file is sample report specification.