I have some remote servers connected to our IBM Director server over a VPN connection. Director can discover these agents with no problems, but Request Access fails with the error "The request access attempt was not successful on one or more target systems within the time allotted". The Common Agent is currently installed on these servers. I have also tried installing the Platform Agent on 1 server and got the same result.
Here are the things I have tried so far:
- Confirmed there is no time difference between the Director server and the remote server
- Turned off all firewalls on both ends while running Request Access
- Turned off Antivirus on both ends while running Request Access
- Tested several different administrative accounts, both in the format Domain\Username and Username
- Confirmed that other VPN traffic is working over the same connection, including accessing file shares and hosted websites
- Tested that Request Access works fine on local servers, ie. servers on the same side of the VPN as the Director server
Any thoughts on how I can get Request Access to succeed or give me more information on why it's failing?