Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-04T22:21:20Z by SystemAdmin
JamesElsey
JamesElsey
58 Posts

Pinned topic NFC on WL, any tips from the IBM'ers?

‏2012-12-04T17:49:55Z |
Hey guys,

A quick Google for NFC on Worklight doesn't offer much help, as far as I can tell there are two potential ways to enable NFC in a Worklight app :

1. Write the NFC part in a native activity, and have WL Javascript invoke that.
2. Have a look at the Phonegap-nfc.js plugin, I'm not sure how compatible WL is with the PhoneGap plugins, I'd assume we can use them?

I couldn't find any training material on NFC on the IBM site, does anyone have any tips/pointers as to where to start?

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: NFC on WL, any tips from the IBM'ers?

‏2012-12-04T22:21:20Z  
    " as far as I can tell there are two potential ways to enable NFC in a Worklight app :

1. Write the NFC part in a native activity, and have WL Javascript invoke that.
    2. Have a look at the Phonegap-nfc.js plugin, I'm not sure how compatible WL is with the PhoneGap plugins, I'd assume we can use them?"

You can also write your own Cordova plugin, but using existing phonegap/cordova plugins should not be an issue if they work with the version of Cordova that Worklight ships (1.6.1 for WL 5.0.0.3).

Remember that NFC is not that common (not every Android device has it and no iOS device has support for it).