Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-05T21:11:11Z by kevintap
afarris7
afarris7
61 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Portal Mode HTML Importer

‏2012-12-04T15:44:41Z |
Is there anyway to control the HTML Importer when in portal mode. How can I can I control to not strip out header html tags?

Thanks
Updated on 2012-12-05T21:11:11Z at 2012-12-05T21:11:11Z by kevintap
  • mburati
    mburati
    2400 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal Mode HTML Importer

‏2012-12-05T20:22:59Z  in response to afarris7
    I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean by HTML Importer - do you mean Imported Page?

If by "header" you mean <head> then that's removed explicitly (but its contents left in the page) because portlets do not generate the html and head tags for a portal page, the portal does that itself, so the portlet should just be contributing contents that end up somewhere within the portal page's body tag.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • afarris7
      afarris7
      61 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T20:36:48Z  in response to mburati
      Yes the Imported Page builder.

However if I create a button to that page and use "Show action results stand-alone: display no containing pages" for Post-Action Behavior it doesn't display any head tags at all.

I assume its using the portlet serveResource for this? I was hoping I could override this behavior so I could include the head tags.
      • kevintap
        kevintap
        712 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T21:11:11Z  in response to afarris7
        The JSR-168 spec originally did not allow portlets to contribute to the head tag of the portal page. The JSR-286 spec now allows this, but support for this has not been added to WEF. Support in WEF to contribute content to the head tag of the portal page has previously been requested, so we have an existing enhancement request for this feature.

What are you trying to do that requires the insertion of tags within the head of the portal page? Perhaps if you explain what you need to do, we can suggest an alternative approach.

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.