• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-04T16:07:03Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
554 Posts

Pinned topic ILOG CP Solver/Dispatcher/Scheduler lifecycle

‏2012-12-04T11:19:03Z |
Hello,

I have used in the past Ilog Solver + Dispatcher in a project; I would like to provide some support to a new project, but it seems to me that this modules are discontinued by IBM.

"IBM ILOG CP" http://www-01.ibm.com/software/support/lifecycleapp/PLCDetail.wss?synkey=H271901E03189V34-Q816524H89581M38-U094847U63986O79 still exists in the IBM catalog, but it seems it is no longer maintained (last release 2 years ago)

On the other hand, I have installed a trial version of IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimizer http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/optimization/cplex-optimizer/ but I cannot find any classes concerning vehicles, technicians, visits (all the Dispatcher stuff I was used to).

My question is: is the old Solver/Dispatcher/Scheduler line still maintained by IBM, and if yes, what is the product line name ?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Loic
Updated on 2012-12-04T16:07:03Z at 2012-12-04T16:07:03Z by SystemAdmin
  • FJ2F
    FJ2F
    1 Post

Re: ILOG CP Solver/Dispatcher/Scheduler lifecycle

‏2012-12-04T14:18:01Z  
    Hello Loic,
    let me put some precision here
    • it's true that ILOG CP is not developed actively -> the reason is that there is some equivalent tech = ILOG CP Optimizer
    • it's not true that ILOG CP is discontinued since clients can buy it along with maintenance
    • ILOG CP Optimizer doesn't cover the old ILOG Solver/Dispatcher part -> ILOG Dispatcher lives on in some IBM B2BCommerce offering called ILOG TA (Transport Analyst)
    I hope it helps

cheers
    Ferenc
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    554 Posts

Re: ILOG CP Solver/Dispatcher/Scheduler lifecycle

‏2012-12-04T16:07:03Z  
    • FJ2F
    • ‏2012-12-04T14:18:01Z
    Hello Loic,
    let me put some precision here
    • it's true that ILOG CP is not developed actively -> the reason is that there is some equivalent tech = ILOG CP Optimizer
    • it's not true that ILOG CP is discontinued since clients can buy it along with maintenance
    • ILOG CP Optimizer doesn't cover the old ILOG Solver/Dispatcher part -> ILOG Dispatcher lives on in some IBM B2BCommerce offering called ILOG TA (Transport Analyst)
    I hope it helps

cheers
    Ferenc
    Hello Ferenc,

Thank you very much for your reply. I didn't know Ilog Transportation Analyst, so I read a bit about it (by the way... The useful, very practical getting started pdf files are completely replaced by ugly and long-to-seek html pages !) and I think it is not a programming library like Dispatcher, right ? Or I'm just missing something.

So it seems I have two options:
    1. Stick with the not-so-actively-developed ILOG CP 1.6 release.
    2. Use the CPLEX library (for the Solver part) and hope to find some Dispatcher replacement module (Ilog TA ? Other one ?)

Which approach do you think would be better ?

Cheers,
    Loic