Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T18:40:01Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Start Human service automatically

‏2012-12-04T08:51:21Z |
Dear all,
my human service which i design it is consists of two main components:
1. System components and Coach component.

And i want to ask about this issue:
My human service should work in two options:
Either only with system component without need the coach component
or
Either with coach component.

And I need when my human service should work with case 1 (only run system component) to start it automatically without user interference. could this be applicable using timer event? and if not applicable how could I achieve what i need note that i am working on BPM V8.0.1

W.R
Updated on 2012-12-11T18:40:01Z at 2012-12-11T18:40:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • kolban
    kolban
    3315 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Start Human service automatically

‏2012-12-04T16:01:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I'm afraid that I am not understanding the question. Would it be possible for you to rephrase the language?

Neil
  • aRaGaR
    aRaGaR
    89 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T07:37:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

What I understand is that you want your human service to start automatically (i.e. to be executed by the admin user) when there is only system components. I am not sure how you create your human service, but why don't you split the work. What I mean is to make two services. One, that is a human service, containing the human coach, and one that is a general service, containing only the system logic. After that, you put the human coach in the corresponding lane, and the general service - in the system lane. Now the general service will be executed by the admin user. If you need to determine which service to be executed dynamically, you could put a decision gateway before them, to navigate the flow.

I hope this helps.

Rado :?

LoveKotienca@DeviantArt
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T07:33:10Z  in response to aRaGaR
      what you understood but i have in my process 7 human services and instead of building 7 human services in designer i want to build one human service and use it in all 7 places so it should contain all the required component in all the 7places either system or coach so when its I need it to execute only system functions i want it to start automatically without waiting user to start it and when i want it to work with coach interface I need user to start it.

W.R
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T18:40:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        The BPM engine doesn't investigate the details of a service to determine how to run it, it uses (depending on the version) either the type of the service or the routing of the service. Logically the earlier answer is correct, splitting the 2 types of services. From a purely logical standpoint, if the service never routes to a coach, then clearly there must be logic within that service that determined a call to a coach was not needed. That logic could be split out on its own and used to determine which task to route to, the system task that does lights out processing or to the human coach.

Alternatively you could refactor your current implementation to be a system service that outputs "No coach needed" or "Yes, please route to coach X" and then call it. By examining the output you could then create the correct task for the right person if a UI is required.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com