Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T02:00:14Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
269 Posts

Pinned topic How update value in Matrix Graph automatically using ListAttributeSum ?

‏2012-12-04T07:53:23Z |
I want to count the number of applications linked to a new module that I created. I created a Related Applications attribute (incoming link type) inside the new module.

This is similar with Application Portfolio Management template where the Portfolio counts the number of Related Application linked to it from Application Module.

I tried to use the same ListAttributeSum formula and changed the values accordinly. The problem is I could not seem to find the view ID. Where do you get the view ID?

=ListAttributeSum("LIST ATTRIBUTE ID","VIEW ID","ATTRIBUTE ID","USER ID",'LIST ATTRIBUTE NAME')";

I tried playing around with some values but to no avail.

=ListAttributeSum("1290","4998","1302","274",'Related Applications',"listen_to=List Size")

Please help give guidance on what to do. Thank you.
Updated on 2012-12-07T02:00:14Z at 2012-12-07T02:00:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

Re: How update value in Matrix Graph automatically using ListAttributeSum ?

‏2012-12-05T07:43:41Z  
    Hi Surin,

To find View ID of a view:
    1. Enter workspace as admin, Open the list of Views:
    (To open the list of Views, click Configure > Views in left navigation bar.)
    2. Select the View of interest from view list.
    3. Hover the mouse on the Edit all icon in the attribute list.
    4. Look for javascript:editElement(XXX) in the bottom of the browser. This parameter is the ID of the view
    (Note: View, User are specialized Focal Point Elements. The ID of a view/User are their element ID)

Documentation topic covers finding ID numbers - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.help.doc/topics/c_find_id_number.html. We will update help to cover View ID.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Shafeeq
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    269 Posts

‏2012-12-06T02:01:06Z  
    Hi Surin,

To find View ID of a view:
    1. Enter workspace as admin, Open the list of Views:
    (To open the list of Views, click Configure > Views in left navigation bar.)
    2. Select the View of interest from view list.
    3. Hover the mouse on the Edit all icon in the attribute list.
    4. Look for javascript:editElement(XXX) in the bottom of the browser. This parameter is the ID of the view
    (Note: View, User are specialized Focal Point Elements. The ID of a view/User are their element ID)

Documentation topic covers finding ID numbers - http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rfphelp/v6r5/topic/com.ibm.rational.fp.help.doc/topics/c_find_id_number.html. We will update help to cover View ID.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Shafeeq
    Thank you for the answer but I can not find View ID of view and when I input the basic expression(=5+5) in Number of Related Applications attribute of view ,it represent -(pending update).I don't understand.Please,help me.Thank you very much.
  • Shafeeq AM
    Shafeeq AM
    155 Posts

‏2012-12-06T14:39:16Z  
    Thank you for the answer but I can not find View ID of view and when I input the basic expression(=5+5) in Number of Related Applications attribute of view ,it represent -(pending update).I don't understand.Please,help me.Thank you very much.
    Hi Surin,

Were there errors in server log files, related to this operation? If pending update status persists, please contact Rational Support.

Regards,
    Shafeeq
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    269 Posts

‏2012-12-07T02:00:14Z  
    Hi Surin,

Were there errors in server log files, related to this operation? If pending update status persists, please contact Rational Support.

Regards,
    Shafeeq
    Thank for you answer.These is error about expression queue(Advanced -> Expression Queue)in Focal Point due to Expression Queue History Graph represent queued long line then I contacted to Rational Support to restart tomcat server.It good working.