Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-06T09:27:25Z by mmalc
tj.barry
tj.barry
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic WPS 7.0

‏2012-12-03T20:06:23Z |
Can you change the groups or users that are associated as Administrators or Creator of a Human task during runtime? If so How? Can't find it in the Admin Console
Updated on 2012-12-06T09:27:25Z at 2012-12-06T09:27:25Z by mmalc
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3556 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: WPS 7.0

‏2012-12-05T12:04:52Z  in response to tj.barry
    I don't believe so.

You can change it but I don't believe it will take effect as these LDAP groups are loaded into memory at startup time and I don't think you can refresh the link to your LDAP server during runtime.
    I do see and entry in my WPS logs , just after mid night, where is states which LDAP server it is connected to, but if it refreshes it, I don't know.
    • tj.barry
      tj.barry
      5 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T12:35:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Can you change it and restart? we run in a clustered environment I can do a rolling restart to get the changes to take effect. If you can make these changes in the Admin Console can you please send me the path I can't seem to find it. Thanks in advance.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        3556 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T12:48:42Z  in response to tj.barry
        I may have misread you initial post.

Just give more details what it is you are trying to achieve?
        • tj.barry
          tj.barry
          5 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T12:52:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I would like to change a user or a group that is associated with one of the roles (administrator, contributor, reader) through the admin console. Otherwise I would have to change via WID and redeploy.
          • mmalc
            mmalc
            231 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T09:27:25Z  in response to tj.barry
            Maybe something you could do is rather than enter the name of the group in WID you store the name of the group as a custom property of the task (or process) and then if you need to change it, you can just change the custom property.

If you have a look at:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wbit.help.bpel.doc%2Ftopics%2Fcrepstff3.html

It tells you the sorts of sunstitutions you can use.

Now having said that, I'm not sure how dynamic your scenario needs to be or what it means for processes that are already in flight and how you might go about getting all of them changed etc.

But at least it is something that you can investigate to see if it is right for your situation.

Rgds
            Marvin