Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-09-04T17:34:20Z by Giazle
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1299 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Help with Figure Caption from OLE objects in DOORS 9.3 and RPE 1.1.2.1

‏2012-12-03T18:27:58Z |
Hi Dragos.

Please Help

Hi

Please provide some advice. I have a DOORS object which has object text, ole and some text below the image which I need as a Figure Caption. If I add the Figure Caption element it does not recognize the content to be set as figure caption.
To overcome this I have a filter in RPE to check if the DOORS object has an OLE. Whan the DOORS object has an OLE I search for the string "Figure :" in the object text. Once this is found the entire string following it I add it as an variable in the figure caption elment.

SO I do get my table of figures. But I run into issues that the same content which I made as figure caption is also present as text in the object text in DOORS object. I tried to write a script which on finding the OLE adds the contents of the complete object to a varibl and I remove the string "Figure 0-9:...." from the objct text. But I again run into problems since I have used a script to contain the Object text I do not get the OLE's but just the <OLE/image> tag. Pleas help me out in getting the figure captions done for the OLE's.

Looking forward to your reply.
Updated on 2012-12-19T22:53:13Z at 2012-12-19T22:53:13Z by kbmurphy
  • Dragos.Cojocari
    Dragos.Cojocari
    1583 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Help with Figure Caption from OLE objects in DOORS 9.3 and RPE 1.1.2.1

‏2012-12-06T13:19:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hey Sunny,

what you want (processing rich text from data source in JavaScript without flatening it to plain text) is not possible with the current GA version of RPE but we have it in plan for a future release.

Regards,
    Dragos

RPE Actual
    • Giazle
      Giazle
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-09-04T17:34:20Z  in response to Dragos.Cojocari

Hello Dragos,

I have this same exact issue. I am using RPE 1.2.1 now. Is there a solution using this release? Thanks in advance!

-Giselle

• ChrisHardy68
    ChrisHardy68
    86 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T22:10:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Sunny,
    This might not be what you want to do, but as a work around what about not putting the figure caption in the object text, but rather create an additional attribute and store the caption info in this attribute.

It at least gives you a bit more flexibility and gets around the rich text issue
  • kbmurphy
    kbmurphy
    97 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-19T22:53:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    You should include the Figure Caption in a separate object, with the OLE object being the parent, and the Figure Caption being the child.