Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-27T06:48:17Z by ibmbpm751
Goldflake
Goldflake
30 Posts

Pinned topic How to configure separate log Files for each application in IBM BPM 7.5.1.

‏2012-12-03T07:25:18Z |
Hello All,

I could search our IBM BPM community forum to know about custom logging and ended up with below link.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14850655&#14850655.

However I did not get much information on maintaining isolated or independent log files per application basis. Currently we have only combined log files like Systemout.log and systemerr.log which can be found in Appserver/profiles/<profileName>/logs/<nodeName>. Let me be more clear. let's say I have two app with acronyms, APP1 and APP2. I want to create two log files in some location as APP1.log and APP2.log.

You could ask me why i am trying to maintain separate log files. The answer is I want to log my business details data which are specific to each app in the specific log file.
If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks,
Kam
Updated on 2013-03-27T06:48:17Z at 2013-03-27T06:48:17Z by ibmbpm751
  • Goldflake
    Goldflake
    30 Posts

Re: How to configure separate log Files for each application in IBM BPM 7.5.1.

‏2012-12-04T10:34:01Z  
    Hello Guys,

Any advice here?

Thanks.
  • kolban
    kolban
    3322 Posts

‏2012-12-04T16:04:04Z  
    • Goldflake
    • ‏2012-12-04T10:34:01Z
    Hello Guys,

Any advice here?

Thanks.
    How would you like the "logging" to be performed? For example, today IBM BPM provides the JavaScript function called "log" as in "log.info()". Is the output from this command what you would like directed to different log files based upon the Process Application? I don't think there is anything baked into the product which will do what you ask so the alternative is to build some new solution. In order to think about the steps involved in that kind of a task, what I'd like you to provide is a description/specification of the core functions that you are looking for.

Neil
  • MaheshGollamudi
    MaheshGollamudi
    62 Posts

‏2012-12-05T03:54:06Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-12-04T16:04:04Z
    How would you like the "logging" to be performed? For example, today IBM BPM provides the JavaScript function called "log" as in "log.info()". Is the output from this command what you would like directed to different log files based upon the Process Application? I don't think there is anything baked into the product which will do what you ask so the alternative is to build some new solution. In order to think about the steps involved in that kind of a task, what I'd like you to provide is a description/specification of the core functions that you are looking for.

Neil
    Hi,

I happened to come across this link,see if this can help you.

http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/Custom+logging+using+Log4j+in+IBM+BPM+7.5.x+and+8

Thanks & Regards
    Mahesh Gollamudi
  • Goldflake
    Goldflake
    30 Posts

‏2012-12-05T05:36:49Z  
    • kolban
    • ‏2012-12-04T16:04:04Z

Neil
    Hello there Neil,

I absolutely agree with you. Separate log files will be required because i don't want to mix the logs of many applications running on my process center. Debugging the error will be difficult in this scenario when i have many applications running on same process center.So i want to separate log files so that i can go to specific log files instead of WAS SystemOut.log and SystemErr.log.
    Thanks
  • Goldflake
    Goldflake
    30 Posts

‏2012-12-05T05:37:59Z  
    Hi,

I happened to come across this link,see if this can help you.

http://bpmwiki.blueworkslive.com/display/commwiki/Custom+logging+using+Log4j+in+IBM+BPM+7.5.x+and+8

Thanks & Regards
    Mahesh Gollamudi
    Thanks Mahesh. I will try the solution you have mentioned.
  • ibmbpm751
    ibmbpm751
    44 Posts

‏2013-03-27T06:48:17Z  
    • Goldflake
    • ‏2012-12-05T05:37:59Z
    Thanks Mahesh. I will try the solution you have mentioned.
    Hello Guys,

I am on IBM BPM 7.5.1.1 platform.I happened to come across the below wiki link where we can write our own application specific log to separate log files and tried the toolkit.

With the toolkit implementation, i was able to direct the my application logs to separate log file in Windows Environment.The problem is that in UNIX this seems not working i.e the log file is getting created successfully,but no messages are written in to that file.

Has anybody tried the same toolkit? If yes, please guide me here. I do welcome other implementations if available other than this.

Thanks.