• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-04-30T03:12:21Z by DamienKavney
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1959 Posts

Pinned topic Corrupt/Truncated PDF output on 10.1.1

‏2012-11-30T22:56:31Z |
Hi All,
I have a report that is part of a job that runs daily for the first week of the month. The output format is PDF with the output saved on the server. Intermittently, the saved PDF report is corrupt (further investigation reveals the PDF file actually has the last 100 or so lines truncated.) Opening the file gives a "Expected a dict object." message in Acrobat. Re-running the report typtically results in a good output, though a third run is sometimes required to finally get a good file.

None of my users has yet to identify any other reports with this trouble, so I can't be sure if the issue is specific to this report. This is one of the larger reports in our organization, averaging ~2500 pages and roughly 10M in size.

The server log files for Nov have already been purged, so I'll watch the December logs for any hints. In the meantime, has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions for places to look?
Updated on 2013-03-25T20:09:15Z at 2013-03-25T20:09:15Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1959 Posts

Re: Corrupt/Truncated PDF output on 10.1.1

‏2013-03-25T20:09:15Z  
    We use the MotioCI product for version management and promotion features. Turns out the issue was caused by the Proactive Versioning Plugin within the MotioCI product. Motio was able to duplicate the issue only with Cognos 10.1.1. Cognos 8.4 and 10.2 did not produce the issue. Motio is working on developing a fix.
  • DamienKavney
    DamienKavney
    1 Post

Re: Corrupt/Truncated PDF output on 10.1.1

‏2013-04-30T03:12:21Z  
    We use the MotioCI product for version management and promotion features. Turns out the issue was caused by the Proactive Versioning Plugin within the MotioCI product. Motio was able to duplicate the issue only with Cognos 10.1.1. Cognos 8.4 and 10.2 did not produce the issue. Motio is working on developing a fix.

It would be great to get some information on your issue as we have a similar issue we are trying to resolve. We dont run any motio products so we are looking for a solution from cognos.  Our environment is Windows 64 bit servers. Our users experience random blank reports when run as PDF. If a user re-runs the report it will usually work the next few times, but not always. Our work around is to not run the PDF in the browser but use the Adobe viewer but this is not ideal as our users have other applications which use PDF.  We have tried other versions of PDF without any positive impact.

Thanks,

Damien