Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-03T15:06:08Z by JBrennan
JBrennan
JBrennan
77 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Asynch for-each

‏2012-11-30T14:44:18Z |
I have a situation where I need to take in a request XML with multiple elements that need to be processed in a for-each. Let's say we have:
<customers>
<customer>a</customer>
<customer>a</customer>
</customers>

For each customer I need to formulate a request XML and do a request to a backend service for information about the customer. I need to do all of these customers in paralell.
I tried using the for-each action with a transform marking each as asynch. The event-sink recognized the transform and for-each and I add them to the event-sink config. When I execute, the event-sink does not wait for the transforms to complete. Bug or by design? I don't know.

I have some other more complex solutions where I bucket them into tens and submit to a callable rule which has ten asynch xForm actions as well as some other solutions. This should be more simple. Has anyone found a way to do this a little more simple?
Updated on 2012-12-03T15:06:08Z at 2012-12-03T15:06:08Z by JBrennan
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4360 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Asynch for-each

‏2012-12-01T23:31:28Z  in response to JBrennan
    Hi Jim,

if configured correctly, the event sync should wait for async actions being completed.
    Please recheck your config, and if you do not find an error in the config, then please create a PMR.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    • JBrennan
      JBrennan
      77 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Asynch for-each

‏2012-12-03T15:06:08Z  in response to HermannSW
      Thanks Herman. I am pretty sure I have it configured correctly. I have tried any and all possible options. I recall in earlier firmware (pre 4.0) it was documented that an action within a for-each could not be asynch. I will open a PMR and find out for sure.