Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-20T16:00:25Z by DanaDuffield
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts

Pinned topic WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit Version 3.5.1

‏2012-11-29T22:06:47Z |
The WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit team is please to announce the availability of version 3.5.1. It is available for download from developerWorks.

Version 3.5.1 includes the following enhancements.

New rules for the competitive tools including:
  • Thread detection rule added to the Tomcat, JBoss, Oracle and WebLogic tools
  • JSP fragment rule added to the Tomcat, JBoss, and Oracle tools
  • Tomcat rule to detect java:/comp in XML files
  • EJB local reference JNDI rule added to WebLogic and JBoss
  • Rules to detect Apache Beehive, XMLBeans, and ServletAuthentication in the WebLogic tool
  • Rule to detect Oracle auto-generated keys in the WebLogic tool
  • An additional Spring configuration detection rule
New rules for the version to version tool including:
  • Detect bad global-transaction attributes
  • Invalid application version when migrating from V6.1
  • Deprecation rule for CEI APIs
HTML and PDF report capabilities are now available for XML, JSP, and class path rules. In previous releases, these report types were only available for Java rules.
Support for:
  • Eclipse 4.2 Juno release
  • Rational Application Developer version 8.5.1
  • WebSphere Developer Tools v8.5.1 available from the WebSphere WASdev Community
Service enhancements

Additional Resources:
WebSphere WASdev Community
Eclipse Marketplace
Updated on 2013-02-20T16:00:25Z at 2013-02-20T16:00:25Z by DanaDuffield
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

Re: WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit Version 3.5.1

‏2013-02-20T15:33:59Z  
    Hi Dana,

Can I use this tool in AIX server to scan application configurations along with code deployed on weblogic server without IDEs like Eclipse, RAD, etc and finally to get the resultant as a report (.xml/.xls/.csv/any file) having detail description of all the issues identified and to be looked into or changed accordingly compliant to websphere application server?

If not, do you have any idea or information about such type of tool or guidelines which serves this requirement? Please help me to get such type of tool or guidelines.

Thank you very much, in advance.
  • DanaDuffield
    DanaDuffield
    11 Posts

Re: WebSphere Application Migration Toolkit Version 3.5.1

‏2013-02-20T16:00:25Z  
    Hi Dana,

Can I use this tool in AIX server to scan application configurations along with code deployed on weblogic server without IDEs like Eclipse, RAD, etc and finally to get the resultant as a report (.xml/.xls/.csv/any file) having detail description of all the issues identified and to be looked into or changed accordingly compliant to websphere application server?

If not, do you have any idea or information about such type of tool or guidelines which serves this requirement? Please help me to get such type of tool or guidelines.

Thank you very much, in advance.
    Hi,

This tool is used to scan application code looking for changes that should or must be made when moving from application servers like WebLogic to WebSphere Application Server. It does need to run inside of an Eclipse-based IDE. I will scan configuration and deployment descriptors within applications but not server configuration. It does generate reports, more can be found here: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/downloads/migtoolkit/index.html

Thanks