Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-03T14:06:30Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts

Pinned topic Problem with CLP Script authenticating to database server

‏2012-11-29T16:42:05Z |
I'm running Data Studio Web Console on one Linux server and my databvase on a separate Linux server. I'm having an issue trying to get a CLP script to run on my database server. Even the simplest script fails with a log message like this

ID: 1353103889034
Name: Test
Commands Executed:

CONNECT TO BCUDBT;

Start Time: 2012-11-29 10:20:37
End Time: 2012-11-29 10:20:37
Error message: Auth fail
Result: The job execution failed. Execution Status code: 3

I checked the db2 connection configurarion and the it connects no problem. Native (non-CLP) commands run just fine. The Linux credentials and auth on my database server are sync'd. If I ssh directly into the database server and execute the command "db2 CONNECT TO BCUDBT" the command returns fine.

I'm guessing this has something to do with ssh permissions and the login id that Web Console is using for accessing the database server, but beyond that I'm totally lost. Anyone have any ideas?
Updated on 2012-12-03T14:06:30Z at 2012-12-03T14:06:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: Problem with CLP Script authenticating to database server

‏2012-11-29T22:47:22Z  
    Hi,
    DSWC uses the credentials from the database connection to connect to the remote server using SSH and then connect to the database and execute the script. Can you try to ssh to the remote server using the credentials from the database connection from the machine where DSWC server is and see if that works.

Dimple
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts

Re: Problem with CLP Script authenticating to database server

‏2012-12-03T14:06:30Z  
    Hi,
    DSWC uses the credentials from the database connection to connect to the remote server using SSH and then connect to the database and execute the script. Can you try to ssh to the remote server using the credentials from the database connection from the machine where DSWC server is and see if that works.

Dimple
    Yes, I can ssh from the DSWC machine to the database server using the database login credentials with no problem. I have clicked the Test Connection button in DWSC to make sure that the credentials in DSWC are correct.

Ron