Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-11-30T14:35:13Z by deboer
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
590 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Application Server V8.0 Developer Tools 8.5.1 and Jrebel (-Xverify:none)

‏2012-11-29T09:18:45Z |
Hi IBM,

We are testing at the moment the jrebel plugin and we have some troubles ..
I know this is not the place to ask questions about other plugins but i have a special question about the
-Xverify:none vm argument. I have seen that this argument will be appended to the server start script automatically.
In the server.xml on the tag jvmEntries there isn't it specified. I have searched around and found that there is the quickServerStart.bat
inside the workspace (\workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.wst.server.core\tmp0) but also there i haven't found that argument.

Can somebody tell me where this vm argument will be appended to the server start script and how i can remove it ?

thanks very much !

greets
claus
  • deboer
    deboer
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Application Server V8.0 Developer Tools 8.5.1 and Jrebel (-Xverify:none)

‏2012-11-30T14:35:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Claus,

-Xverify:none is not a parameter we'd normally add to a server launch, and based on a quick scan of our code and the fact that it isn't in the quickServerStart.bat, this is most likely coming from the JRebel plugin you're using.

Mostly out of curiosity, what problem is this causing you? Do you have classes whose bytecode would otherwise fail verification?

Tim