Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-29T21:16:56Z by llandale
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1084 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is there any branch function in Doors ?

‏2012-11-29T02:47:13Z |
Hello ,

I am new user of Doors, and I want to know is there any branch function in Doors?

Our A project is completed and all the module in A Project folder has baselined , it include in/out links between modules, and our B project want to start base on the final baseline of project A with the same project structure.

I try to copy the whole project A folder and named it project B folder , but the links in the module still link to the project A folder

Anyone can help me ? thanks
Updated on 2012-11-29T21:16:56Z at 2012-11-29T21:16:56Z by llandale
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is there any branch function in Doors ?

‏2012-11-29T07:02:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Links going from "current" version of source module to "current" version of target module in original project will completely be moved to the destination project if you copy/paste the complete project in one go (not module by module).

When a project is copied, only the current version is taken to the new project, so if you need links between baselines in the new project, you should use archive / restore project instead of copy/paste project.
    Note that this is a "branch only" approach. If you later want to compare changes between "branches" or even "merge" later, you might want to look at tools like the "BranchManager for DOORS" by Sodius.
  • adevicq
    adevicq
    39 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T07:57:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi,
    I think it depends whether the link module is inside or outside the project.
    There is no branch management in DOORS. Unfortunately.
    You can check here: http://sodius.com/branchmanager-doors. Sodius proposes something.
    Regards,
    Alain
  • llandale
    llandale
    635 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T21:16:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I think you want to archive A and restore it as B.