Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-29T21:16:56Z by llandale
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1084 Posts

Pinned topic Is there any branch function in Doors ?

‏2012-11-29T02:47:13Z |
Hello ,

I am new user of Doors, and I want to know is there any branch function in Doors?

Our A project is completed and all the module in A Project folder has baselined , it include in/out links between modules, and our B project want to start base on the final baseline of project A with the same project structure.

I try to copy the whole project A folder and named it project B folder , but the links in the module still link to the project A folder

Anyone can help me ? thanks
Updated on 2012-11-29T21:16:56Z at 2012-11-29T21:16:56Z by llandale
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1084 Posts

Re: Is there any branch function in Doors ?

‏2012-11-29T07:02:40Z  
    Links going from "current" version of source module to "current" version of target module in original project will completely be moved to the destination project if you copy/paste the complete project in one go (not module by module).

When a project is copied, only the current version is taken to the new project, so if you need links between baselines in the new project, you should use archive / restore project instead of copy/paste project.
    Note that this is a "branch only" approach. If you later want to compare changes between "branches" or even "merge" later, you might want to look at tools like the "BranchManager for DOORS" by Sodius.
  • adevicq
    adevicq
    39 Posts

‏2012-11-29T07:57:38Z  
    Hi,
    I think it depends whether the link module is inside or outside the project.
    There is no branch management in DOORS. Unfortunately.
    You can check here: http://sodius.com/branchmanager-doors. Sodius proposes something.
    Regards,
    Alain
  • llandale
    llandale
    647 Posts

‏2012-11-29T21:16:56Z  
    I think you want to archive A and restore it as B.