Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-28T20:03:32Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
557 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Websphere 7.0 - EJB 3 JAXWS and EAR Library doesnt work

‏2012-11-28T19:38:55Z |
I have an EJB 3.0 and I'm exposing it as a WebService with JAXWS via the WebService annotation. Some classes are shared by both the WAR and the EJB so I put them in a common.jar and put it in the EAR library. All of this works fine in my local environment in RSA. When I get ready to deploy to an actual server this doesn't work because the WSDL is not getting generated and the annotations are not getting picked up. I checked by turning on trace. However if I move the classes to both the WAR/lib and inside the ejb.jar then the web service is generated and all is good. I'm trying to avoid duplicating the classes. I've also tried shared lib but that doesnt even work in local environment in RSA.

I found this link:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.webservice.jaxws.creation.doc/topics/cjaxwsruntime.html

"The Web service implementation classes can exist within the WEB-INF/classes or directory within a Java archive (JAR) file that is contained in the WEB-INF/lib directory of the WAR file".

I'm not sure if that means any types that are parameters or return types to the service. If it is, it doesnt mention anything about EAR/lib.

Server: Websphere 7.0.0.19 (Test Server)
Server: Websphere 7.0.0.11 (Local Server)

The structure of my project is as follow:

MyEAR.ear
-> lib
-> -> common.jar
-> mywar.war
-> myejb_router.war
-> myejb.jar
-> META-INF
-> -> application.xml

Any help is much appreciated!

-Jesse
Updated on 2012-11-28T20:03:32Z at 2012-11-28T20:03:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • mburati
    mburati
    352 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere 7.0 - EJB 3 JAXWS and EAR Library doesnt work

‏2012-11-28T19:54:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This forum is for the discussion of questions/issues around consuming web services with the IBM Web Experience Factory tooling, and as such is typically monitored by experts in that area.

Your issue does not seem related to Web Experience Factory, so you may find more answers on a WAS WS forum.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    557 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Websphere 7.0 - EJB 3 JAXWS and EAR Library doesnt work

‏2012-11-28T20:03:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    thanks for letting me know