4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-30T09:36:57Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
47 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Queries against mutliple repositories - results are segregated

‏2012-11-28T11:34:40Z |
Hi

Due to the risk associated with duplicate VOLSERs - same named DSNs and potentially misreporting we have had to create separate repositories across our entire Global zSeries Estate.

This means we currently have 75 Repositories.

When running reports in the Web UI we are able to report on All Repositories - however when it comes to being able to download all of the results into a single Excel Spreadsheet we are unable to do so without downloading each individual Repository Report and going through a painful exercise of cutting and pasting data into a single spreadsheet.

In future releases being able to create views of groups of repositories would be something that would be incredibly well received I feel.

Please let me know if I should be raising this sort of request through another forum.

Regards Phil.
Updated on 2012-11-30T09:36:57Z at 2012-11-30T09:36:57Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Queries against mutliple repositories - results are segregated

‏2012-11-29T02:43:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Phil,

Which reports in particular are you interested in having the data combined? The Asset report Product by Repository and Discovered Product by Repository give you a combined view. In the next release the Audit reports will also have a combined view in single report.

Let me know which reports you are concerned about.

Jim K.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T12:03:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Jim

We are relatively new to the product and are finding our feet.

Being able to download all Machine Inventory data to a single excel spreadsheet would be of use.

My team are currently running a Software Rationalisation Programme which will make use of TADz.

One of the things we are currently having to do is to supplement TADz data with data derived by our regional teams to provide MSU/IBM LSPR MIPs/Gartner MIPs per LPAR - using tables containing the latest published figures along with LPAR weightings and Machine /Model info we are able to assign accurate values for MSU/IBM LSPR MIPS and Gartner MIPS.

I don't know whether it is feasible for TADz to replace the supplementary infor we provide via manual spreadsheets?

Regards Phil.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-30T02:30:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Phil,

Is this what you are looking for. See attached file.

Jim K.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    47 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-30T09:36:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Jim

That is what would be really useful to have a one stop place of Machine Data / Discovered Installed and Last Used by tabbing each of the reports under one workbook (How??/When?? :-) ).

Did my attempt at explaining how we currently break down the machine MSU values down to LPAR specific MSUs make sense? (Also IBM LSPR MIPs and also Gartner MIPs.

To put some context around this ....

There is a project underway here to provide IT Asset Management Info for all platforms, I am responsible for the system z aspect of this i.e. TADz. TADz will be interrogated by another piece of software which will have contracts/entitlement data stored to allow another team to report on compliance etc. In order for this to work we must be able to provide a breakdown of whatever the measurement unit is within these contracts (MSU/ LSPR MIPs or Gartner MIPs).

Our only option to hand at the moment is to ask the regions to track their systems with an inhouse spreadsheet solution which calculates these values based on a mix of IBM/Gartner published data and HSBC provided Machine type/Models and also LPAR Weightings.

The ultimate aim is to get this automated - first choice would be to explore if TADz would be able to provide this information.

Let me know if you need further info to provide your thoughts or if I should be raising this via a different platform.

Thanks Phil