Topic
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-29T20:20:08Z by Khilnani
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
445 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic IBM Content Navigator sample plugin jar file was not found

‏2012-11-28T08:03:32Z |
I am working on an IBM Content Navigator Plugin. I want to add a new plugin to IBM Content Navigator. I have the jar file of the plugin uploaded to a WebSphere server, and I can reach that jar file by using the browser,however I get an error when I do the same using the IBM Content Navigator Plugin screen. I am unable to load the plugin jar file to IBM Content Navigator. I have tried both URL Path and File Path; I keep getting this error: "The plug-in JAR file was not found at the specified URL. Ensure that the JAR file is on the web application server and that the URL and file name are correct."
Updated on 2012-12-07T13:47:00Z at 2012-12-07T13:47:00Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: IBM Content Navigator sample plugin jar file was not found

‏2012-11-28T09:04:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Have a look inside the WebSphere's appserver logs to find the full stacktrace. Are you using the provided sample plugin or is it a plugin you wrote? One other common error that might have occurred but is not highlighted well from the error message is the missing "Plugin-Class" reference in the plugin's jar manifest. Do you have that specified in your plugin jar?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      445 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T09:45:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I am using the plugin named "CloseAccountPlugin" from the Redbook "Customizing and Extending IBM Content Navigator". I get this message in the WebSphere's appserver log:
      com.ibm.ecm.util.PluginUtil.loadPlugins() Exception loading plug-in E:\IBM\ECMClient\plugins\CloseAccountPlugin.jar
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.ecm.extension.CloseAccountPlugin

and my MANIFEST.MF file is like this:
      Manifest-Version: 1.0
      Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
      Created-By: 2.4 (IBM Corporation)
      Plugin-Class: com.ibm.ecm.extension.CloseAccountPlugin
      Name: build
      Built-By: ayilmaz
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        445 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T11:46:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I found where the problem was; the Plugin-Class in the MANIFEST.MF file must be
        com.ibm.ecm.extension.CloseAccountPlugin.CloseAccountPlugin,
        I added the plugin to the menu, but now I get another error from IBM Content Navigator which says there is a problem with JavaScript files.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          445 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-01T17:51:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          You will need to get firebug for firefox or use Chrome's native developer console to look at the javascript error in the browser. It will be part of the Javascript logging done by ICN so do a search for CIWEB ERROR
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            445 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-03T15:07:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            I had created a new Dynamic Web Project for the CloseAccountPlugin example to be able to create an EAR File, when I deployed it I got an error message about the JavaScript files.
            Before that, I had created a normal Java project for the same example and I had the jar file of this project, so I used this jar file with the IBM Content Navigator.
            I followed all the steps defined in the book "Customizing and Extending IBM Content Navigator", Chapter 6, I compiled the project (which has 11 files) created the jar file and deployed it to the ICN.
            I did all the steps defined in "6.4 Deploying and configuring the plug-in", the problem is, I don't get any errors and nothing happens, no dialog-box is displayed and nothing new appears in the menu.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              445 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T14:06:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              There is a progress with the project.
              The name of the default desktop we use is BBS.
              When we connect to the ICN through "IP:9080/navigator" the CloseAccountAction button does not appear in the toolbar, but when we connect through "IP:9080/navigator/?desktop=BBS" the CloseAccountAction button appears in the toolbar, what can be the cause? Both adresses point to the same desktop.
              And another thing; when we select a file that enables the CloseAccountAction button and click on the button we get a "CIWEB2002 A connection to web_client_URL cannot be established" error.
              What can be the cause? Thanks.
              • damorris
                damorris
                760 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T14:16:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                The first issue is due to a bug in ICN 2.0.0 that didn't apply the desktop settings correctly to the default desktop. I thought this was fixed in Fixpack 1 - have you installed that? If not, we have a new release coming out soon that certainly addresses this issue.

For the second one, that's something you'd have to debug in your plugin. I would use Firefox and install Firebug and then look at the Net tabs and the console to see if you are getting a JS error. You can also check the server logs to see if an exception was thrown on the server side.
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  445 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T14:56:38Z  in response to damorris
                  I had checked firebug and the logs, found no js errors and the logs didn't help much.
                  The first issue in my previous post is not included in Fixpack 1 which we have already installed. When will the new release be available? Thanks.
                  • damorris
                    damorris
                    760 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T14:59:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    I can't give an exact date but before year's end.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    445 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T17:59:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    Hmm that's odd. The first scenario you described should have been fixed in fixpack1. Can you make sure fixpack1 was applied appropriately? Can you view the About Screen and list out the build version and number? I am just curious. Thanks.
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      445 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T13:47:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      You were right, after loading Fixpack 1 the first scenario was solved, the CloseAccountAction button appears in the toolbar, but we are still stuck to the CIWEB2002 error.
                      • konapalligopi
                        konapalligopi
                        62 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-08T01:59:54Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Team,

Facing the same problem. I am getting the Action button in the toolbar but  when i am performing that action it is throwing alert with CIWEB2002 error. Can somebody help us to track this issue. I am getting an Error in the Systemout log as below.

CIWEB Error: [p8admin @ 172.20.10.5] com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.PluginAction.isSecureService() Invalid plugin id: CloseAccountPlugin.  This is likely a logic error in the plugin itself.
                        CIWEB Error: [p8admin @ 172.20.10.5] com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.PluginAction.isSecureService() Invalid plugin id: CloseAccountPlugin.  This is likely a logic error in the plugin itself.

Please let me know if any more details required.

• Khilnani
                          Khilnani
                          2 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-29T20:20:08Z  in response to konapalligopi

Hi,

I am getting the same error.

CIWEB Error: [fnadmin @ 9.74.130.74] com.ibm.ecm.struts.actions.PluginAction.isSecureService() Invalid plugin id: CloseAccountPlugin.  This is likely a logic error in the plugin itself.

Any resolution?

Also, how to enable the debugging for this? I enabled the logging class in ICN settings but no luck.

Thanks.

• This reply was deleted by ranko_6 2013-05-07T11:28:09Z. Reason for deletion: Didn't show any answers when i first googled it