Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T05:58:13Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
24948 Posts

Pinned topic How to set value of this kind of field?

‏2012-11-28T05:58:43Z |
I have a query called "Feature",of which these fields are mandatory to be filled in:Name,Tag,MappingTables.Block

I can set fieldvalue successfully on "Name" and "Tag" fields,
but failed on "MappingTables.Block",and an error will appear:"Using AdReferenceListField as a AdReferenceField."

I have attached a screenshot.

By the way,i can set MappingTables.Block by manual operation:To press the button "new" of MappingTables Tab,and fill the value of block.
Updated on 2012-12-07T05:58:13Z at 2012-12-07T05:58:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

Re: How to set value of this kind of field?

‏2012-11-28T14:16:18Z  
    I suspect that "MappingTables" is a Reference List field, and you are trying to use drop-down list control on it. You cannot do it.
    To modify a reference list field you should use either List View or Combo Box controls.

Pavel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2012-11-29T06:54:19Z  
    Yes."MappingTables" is a Reference List field of the query "Feature".
    Then,How should i set fieldvalue of Reference List field ?

Thanks!
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2012-11-29T13:18:34Z  
    Yes."MappingTables" is a Reference List field of the query "Feature".
    Then,How should i set fieldvalue of Reference List field ?

Thanks!
    You suppose to use AddFieldValue/DeleteFieldValue API calls or Combo box/List view controls on the form.

Pavel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2012-12-03T02:47:28Z  
    Before call AddFieldValue(),i need to build a recored named Feature_BlockMappingTable.
    B
    ut When run $session->BuildEntity("Feature_BlockMappingTable"), it will throw an error:
    Permission denied for user Admin to perform action Submit (of type SUBMIT)

It seems that the "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record can only be builded in the "Feture" recored.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2012-12-03T02:55:56Z  
    Before call AddFieldValue(),i need to build a recored named "Feature_BlockMappingTable".
    But When run $session->BuildEntity("Feature_BlockMappingTable"), it will throw an error:
    "Permission denied for user Admin to perform action Submit (of type SUBMIT)"

Also,I can't build "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record by manully operation,because there is no "Feature_BlockMappingTable" in the drop-down menu which contains the buildable entities.

But! "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record can be builded in the "Feture" recored,shown as attachment:
    In "Feature" query,to press the button "new" of MappingTables Tab,and fill the value of "block" field.
    Then ,i can see the record in the query "Feature_BlockMappingTable".

Then,How can i build a "Feture" record which contains a "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record ??
  • pdubovitsky
    pdubovitsky
    376 Posts

‏2012-12-03T17:55:36Z  
    Before call AddFieldValue(),i need to build a recored named "Feature_BlockMappingTable".
    But When run $session->BuildEntity("Feature_BlockMappingTable"), it will throw an error:
    "Permission denied for user Admin to perform action Submit (of type SUBMIT)"

Also,I can't build "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record by manully operation,because there is no "Feature_BlockMappingTable" in the drop-down menu which contains the buildable entities.

But! "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record can be builded in the "Feture" recored,shown as attachment:
    In "Feature" query,to press the button "new" of MappingTables Tab,and fill the value of "block" field.
    Then ,i can see the record in the query "Feature_BlockMappingTable".

Then,How can i build a "Feture" record which contains a "Feature_BlockMappingTable" record ??
    Most likely, you can find answer to your question in the Feature_BlockMappingTable Submit action access control.

Pavel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2012-12-07T05:58:13Z  
    But,using same account,Why i can build "Feature_BlockMappingTable" Entity in an exsiting "Feature" Entity by manually operation?
    Then,Why i can not directly Build "Feature_BlockMappingTable" Entity ??