5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-28T14:36:20Z by kevintap
kulswar
kulswar
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Model not found: factory/portletbase/view_and_form_base

‏2012-11-27T09:11:06Z |
Hi,

I m getting following error while trying to run any portlet factory model which contains View and form builder.

Category: bowstreet.system.server.logging.event.criterion.abnormal
Priority: ERROR
Msg: Component: null
com.bowstreet.webapp.engine.WebAppRuntimeException: Model not found: factory/portletbase/view_and_form_base

Entire log is attached here with. Can anyone help me with any suggestion/solution?
Updated on 2012-11-28T14:36:20Z at 2012-11-28T14:36:20Z by kevintap
  • kulswar
    kulswar
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Model not found: factory/portletbase/view_and_form_base

‏2012-11-27T11:33:08Z  in response to kulswar
    Hello,

During investigation, I found that WebContent\WEB-INF\models\factory directory is not getting created on my server and this might well be the reason for the error I am getting.
    Can anyone tell me under what circumstances WebContent\WEB-INF\models\factory won't get created.

Thanks in advance.
    • kevintap
      kevintap
      745 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-27T12:08:06Z  in response to kulswar
      I don't know of any reason that the WEB-INF/models/factory directory wouldn't be created on the server. I would suggest checking the .war file that you exported from the Designer to verify that it contains the WEB-INF/models/factory directory and the models. (Also note that when a .war file is created, the WebContent directory is not included in the paths, the WebContent directory of your project becomes the root of the .war file.)

What action in the Designer did you use to export the .war file? Make sure you're using one of the Export->Web Experience Factory (Application/Portlet/Widget) WAR actions.
      • kulswar
        kulswar
        6 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T05:16:41Z  in response to kevintap
        Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I am using ANT build to create WAR(attached here with) and found that in the WAR itself factory folder is missing under WEB-INF/models directory. For some of other projects we are using similar script and able to create the WAR successfully.
        do u see anything wrong in the script?
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          9029 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T05:28:10Z  in response to kulswar
          I recommend looking at the buildPortletWAR target in webcontent\projectDeploy.xml , which is what WEF uses to build a production portlet. Also, here is the documented way to build production WEF WARS in a build environment:

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=WebSphere+Portlet+Factory+7.0.1+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Automating_the_generation_of_WAR_files_wpf701&content=pdcontent
          --Sam
          The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
        • kevintap
          kevintap
          745 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T14:36:20Z  in response to kulswar
          It looks like your script is roughly based on the build scripts included with WEF, and at first glance I don't see anything in the script that would prevent the WEB-INF/models/factory folder from being included in the .war file. As Sam mentioned, I would advise that you use the scripts provided with WEF by calling them from your script rather than copying parts of them into your script. There is a sample build script included in your project under .deployment/buildsample which does this.

As with any custom build script, I would recommend that you export a .war file from the Designer using the Export->Web Experience Factory Portlet WAR action. Then run your build script to build your version of the .war file. Then compare these two .war files using a compare tool (such as Beyond Compare) to ensure that the .war file being generated by your script is identical to what is exported from the Designer. You may find that there are some properties, possibly in bowstreet.properties, cluster.properties, and/or server.properties which your script is not setting to appropriate values for production usage. (This would be handled automatically by the built in scripts included with the product.)

The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.