I am getting the following error for most of the clearcase activities, like labeling, checkout etc.
cleartool: Error: Error from VOB database: "\11.3.0".
cleartool: Error: Trouble finding the global definition for local type "???".
cleartool: Error: Trouble applying label to
Some times it is going on, but most often failing with this error. Above is the error while applying a label. Please suggest
Pinned topic Trouble finding the global definition for local type "???".
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-11-27T16:22:00Z at 2012-11-27T16:22:00Z by brcowan
brcowan 2000005CYP748 Posts
Re: Trouble finding the global definition for local type "???".2012-11-27T16:22:00ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.1) Describe the "\11.3.0" VOB. Do you see "Object not available" messages in the describe?
2) If the VOB is replicated, please do the same describe at the other sites. Look for hyperlinks.
3) If you are trying to apply a label, what label are you trying to apply, and is it present in the VOB already?
4) Does your checkout perform a mkbranch or other operation? Or are you getting errors about "process guards" on checkout?
5) What is the exact error message for the other failed operations?
6) When did this problem start happening? Has it ever worked on this VOB?
Advisory Software Engineer
ClearCase Software Advisory Team (SWAT)
IBM Software Group
550 King St
Littleton, MA 01460