Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-15T21:26:09Z by JAntley
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
773 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to create a new public forum

‏2012-11-27T00:17:27Z |
Is it possible to create a new public forum? That is, not a forum under a group, but a forum visible to all.

Thank you for your assistance.
Updated on 2012-11-27T21:52:21Z at 2012-11-27T21:52:21Z by JAntley
  • JAntley
    JAntley
    124 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to create a new public forum

‏2012-11-27T21:52:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello jziehm,

Forum creation requires developerWorks approval. Until we complete our upgrade to Connections v4 in 1Q13, we are recommending the group message board solution, which does not require developerWorks intervention to set up. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

Regards,
    Jeff Antley
    developerWorks Feedback Team
    • gcoleman
      gcoleman
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-14T21:48:28Z  in response to JAntley

searching on connections I found instruction for creating new public forums.:

To create a stand-alone forum, complete the following steps.

1. From the Public Forums page, click Start a Forum. You can also create a forum from the Forums tab on the My Forums page.
      2. Required: Enter a name for the forum in the Name field.
      3. To categorize the forum and make it easier to find, enter one or more tags in the Tags field.
      4. Enter a description for the forum in the Description field, and then click Save.

are these instructions still valid? I do not see the "Start a Forum" option from the My Forums page or anywhere inside the public forum pages. Has the process for creating new public forums changed??

• JAntley
        JAntley
        124 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-15T21:26:09Z  in response to gcoleman

These instructions are for standard installations of IBM Connections.  On developerWorks, we have restricted the ability to create public forums.  dW users can create forums within communities, which may be publicly accessible based on the privacy settings assigned to the community.