2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-28T11:01:35Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Portal not rendered properly after load balancing

‏2012-11-25T00:17:22Z |
Hi,
We have a clustered environment, and implemented load balancer and got the same issues as decribed on link below.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21587668
we have 2 nodes:
so modified the 100Custom.xml at the DMGR with the hostname of the NODE where DMGR is present.
and then synced the Nodes, which resulted in updating the 100Custom.xml on the node2 with the node1 URL mentioned in the DMGR folder. and still the portal is not rendered?
anyone got this issue resolved?
Thanks....
Updated on 2013-02-28T11:01:35Z at 2013-02-28T11:01:35Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal not rendered properly after load balancing

‏2012-11-26T15:56:00Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Look at the raw HTML of the portal. There will be URLs for the images and css sheets. I'm going to guess that the values for the host name on those are not the same as the host you are using in the browser to connect to the portal. Additionally I would bet that if you put attempt to ping that host name from the machine running the web browser, the ping will fail (where as the hostname for the base portal URL will work).

You need to update that file you changed so that the hostname for the images, css, etc. match the host name you are using for the portal.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Portal not rendered properly after load balancing

‏2013-02-28T11:01:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Andrew,

Thanks, You are right. Though I managed to change the hostname at the DMGR level and issued a node sync and it succeded. The files(99Local.xml and 100Custom.xml) in the nodes never got updated after seevral attempts. So I had to manually change the file on the nodes also the IBM technote page did not inform to add a section for the hostname details for the webservice call(which was resolved through a PMR ). and now able to work fine.

Thanks.