We are facing a problem with task closure in Lombardi 7.2 on the following lines. This has been handled in IBM BPM 7.5. The intent of the post is to ensure that our observations are valid.
1. We have an activity with an associated human service that has a couple of general system services to interact with the DB alongside a Coach for user inputs.
2. We have an IME attached to the activity in the BPD swimlane.
3. The task arrives at the activity and upon claiming it, the token moves to the coach for the user. When the user is in the process of providing his inputs on the coach, the IME fires (with proper correlation, etc.) with the setting "Close Attached Activity".
4. Even after the task is closed due to IME trigger, the user is being able to submit his inputs on the coach(this is expected), and the remaining automated services in the human service are getting executed before the end point. (this is not expected; this is being contained in BPM 7.5 wherein once the user submits on the coach, Lombardi provides a message informing the user that the task has been closed).
5. The task re-assignment is being properly handled in 7.2/7.5, i.e., if the owner of the task changes while the current owner is working on it via the coach, the submit action on the UI gives the message that he's no longer the owner of the task at hand.
Please let me know your observations.
NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
1 reply Latest Post - 2013-01-20T12:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic Lombardi 7.2 task closure problem
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-01-20T12:26:15Z at 2013-01-20T12:26:15Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK7615 PostsACCEPTED ANSWER
Re: Lombardi 7.2 task closure problem2013-01-20T12:26:15Z in response to SystemAdminI've verified that iBPM 7.5/8.0 takes care of the task closure problem via a small PoC. Attached the same here (generated in WLE 7.2 and imported into PD 8.0). You can notice that after firing the UCA to pull the task back to the first user (while the second user claimed and started working on the UI), the UI action for the second user clearly ends up in a message that the task has moved elsewhere.