I just wanted to share this information which is missing step in the tutorial link
Description: There is a missing configuration step in the infocenter documentation of "Creating a new BOD service module" tutorial, in setting up the workspace step. Without this step, we will not see the sar file listed in the available stores to publish. In the tutorial case, the sample downloadable sar file.
1. Follow step (a), downloading the HousewaresCatalog.sar file
2. Put the file under <<WCINSTALDIR>>/starterstores/ExtendedSites
3. Open <<WCINSTALDIR>>/workspace/WC/xml/tools/devtools/SARRegistry.xml
& add these below lines just before the close tag</SAR-properties>
<SampleSAR fileName="HousewaresCatalog.sar" relativePath="ExtendedSites">
Note: In my attachment, i have added along with other 'ExtendedSites'. Location is irrelevant.
4. Start the server & continue with the steps h & I
Hope it helps!.
Pinned topic Missing step in v7 Infocenter, Tutorials - Create a new BOD service module
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2012-11-26T09:14:54Z at 2012-11-26T09:14:54Z by SystemAdmin
Re: Missing step in v7 Infocenter, Tutorials - Create a new BOD service module2012-11-24T14:23:50ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Another important step that is missing is the newly published Sample Store's - Access control policy.
What is missing?
1. The newly published store cannot be accessed by a Guest/Anonymous user.
2. As per the step 2.K in the tutorial, it will launch the store, since we would have already signed-in Accelerator.
3. Once you logout from Accelerator, you will see an error saying "Store 0 is currently closed or locked" & in sys out log you will notice errors (refer attachment1).
1. The newly published Sample store does not have any access control policies, to make it available for Buyers (for both Signed-in & Anonymous users)
2. Open Organization Administration Console.
3. Select Access Management - Policies - Select the 'Extended Sites OrganizationSample store (Recipe Tutorial)'
Note: I had followed the naming convention given in the tutorial for the store name, if you had opted to change the name, select the newly published store accordingly.
4. Under the Policies section of the store, by default, you would not see any policy (This is THE problem)
5. Select New & enter the details provided in the attachment 2 of this thread.
6. After Step 5, you should see some thing similar to attachment 3, where we have now 'AllUsers' for User Group and 'AllSiteUserCmdResourceGroup' for Resource Group.
7. Refresh registry from WCS Admin console.
8. Now you should be able to access the store as an anonymous user.
Hope this helps!
Attachment 2 & 3 are added separately due to limitation of number of attachments to a thread
Re: Missing step in v7 Infocenter, Tutorials - Create a new BOD service module2012-11-24T14:24:32ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
Re: Missing step in v7 Infocenter, Tutorials - Create a new BOD service module2012-11-24T14:25:00ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
SystemAdmin 110000D4XK8614 Posts
Re: Missing step in v7 Infocenter, Tutorials - Create a new BOD service module2012-11-26T09:14:54ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.
- KiranYayavaram 2700017MC3