• Latest Post - ‏2012-11-26T23:01:06Z by CarlosMVargasG
CarlosMVargasG
CarlosMVargasG
3 Posts

Pinned topic Problem with High Transaction in IBM HTTP Server

‏2012-11-23T21:28:22Z |
I come from the BPM forum
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14912131

We have identified that the Problem is in the IHS. I have a BPM 7.5.1 Server in a network deployment and it works great when I install regular applications but whenever I tried to install a 20MB application it brings me this error:

00000038 wle E CWLLG2229E: An exception occurred in an EJB call. Error: CWLLG0155E:The install failed. Check server logs on ******** for more information.
com.lombardisoftware.core.TeamWorksRuntimeException: CWLLG0155E:The install failed. Check server logs on soapros_ps for more information.
at com.lombardisoftware.server.ejb.repositoryservices.RepositoryServicesCore.deploySnapshot(RepositoryServicesCore.java:679)
Caused by: com.lombardisoftware.core.TeamWorksException: Could not retrieve data, HTTP response code: Internal Server Error

What parameters should I change for big transfers through the IBM HTTP Server.(I've tried changing the ThreadsPerChild and it makes me change the MaxClients and also the ThreadLimit but whenever I change them up to 250 the webserver shutdowns.. )
Regards,
Carlos Vargas
Updated on 2012-11-26T23:01:06Z at 2012-11-26T23:01:06Z by CarlosMVargasG
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

Re: Problem with High Transaction in IBM HTTP Server

‏2012-11-23T23:19:20Z  
    Perhaps the ServerIOTimeout in the WAS plugin? What release of IHS/Plugin?

The value is set in the WAS Plugin Properties of each Application Server and is copied into plugin-cfg.xml when the WAS Plugin Config is regenerated.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3908 Posts

‏2012-11-23T23:20:29Z  

The value is set in the WAS Plugin Properties of each Application Server and is copied into plugin-cfg.xml when the WAS Plugin Config is regenerated.
    This is not a result of a large upload directly; it means the servlet that was being processed at the time didn't write any response data for ServerIOTimeout # of seconds when presented with large input.
  • CarlosMVargasG
    CarlosMVargasG
    3 Posts

‏2012-11-26T20:12:39Z  

Name IBM HTTP Server
    Version 7.0.0.25
    ID IHS
    Build Level cf251235.04
    Build Date 8/30/12
    Architecture Intel (32 bit)

Name Web server plug-ins for IBM WebSphere Application Server
    Version 7.0.0.25
    ID PLG
    Build Level cf251235.04
    Build Date 8/30/12
    Architecture AMD (64 bit)

End Installation Status Report

And the ServerIOTimeOut is 60 seconds I've changed to 180

I don't have the problem anymore thank you so much, I have changed it in the plugin-cfg.xml as you said but everytime I Propagate the Plug-in it goes back to 60 seconds do you know a way to change this internally so I don't have to change it everytime?
  • CarlosMVargasG
    CarlosMVargasG
    3 Posts

‏2012-11-26T23:01:06Z  
    This is not a result of a large upload directly; it means the servlet that was being processed at the time didn't write any response data for ServerIOTimeout # of seconds when presented with large input.
    Thanks Erick I just realized that the way to change it is by goint to
    Application servers > DeploymentEnviroment.AppTarget.Node01 > Web server plug-in properties

and going to the Read/Write Timeout and change that to the amount of seconds you need in my case 180.
    Regards,
    Carlos Vargas