Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T12:35:59Z by OfirShani1
OfirShani1
OfirShani1
52 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Token Stuck at End of Activity in BPD

‏2012-11-23T20:24:30Z |
Its very strange, its like the token gets stuck on the end of the first activity, only in the BPD view. Even if the activity is a general system activity with no content, just connection from start to end, it doesnt go the the next activity.
I have tried recycling both the database as the BPM Servers and SO.

If there is no next activity, the activity is set as closed but the process is still active. I opened a PMR for this, but if anyone has any idea on how to solve this, please post.

BTW: Logs dont show any sort of error. I tried searching for locks on my Oracle 11gR2 11.2.0.2, but there are none that seem to have anything to do with this issue. I also checked my 99Local.xml file, and i see nothing that could of cause this.
Updated on 2012-12-07T12:35:59Z at 2012-12-07T12:35:59Z by OfirShani1
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Token Stuck at End of Activity in BPD

‏2012-11-23T20:40:43Z  in response to OfirShani1
    Hi,

You checked which logs?
    Do you have separate servers for event manager execution?
    Are the event managers executing other activities without that issue? Only in a single PA/Activity?

Cheers,

Frank
    • OfirShani1
      OfirShani1
      52 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-23T23:42:38Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I tried creating other Process Apps and the same thing happens.
      I am checking the AppTarget server systemout.log.
      Should i check the messaging and support logs too? (I will check this anyway as you are sugesting)

Thanks for the quick reply
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-26T18:09:11Z  in response to OfirShani1
        It sounds like your event manager isn't running. The event manager is in charge of doing the token movement. Can you try executing a UCA that does something where you can see that it worked, like updating a table or sending an e-mail? Then see if it works when you try and trigger the UCA? Also look to see if the Event Manager is showing as running in the Process Admin console.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
        • OfirShani1
          OfirShani1
          52 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-26T21:56:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Andrew, it seems that you have found the source of my problem.
          When i try and see the Event Manager through the Process Admin console i get a generic error.
          Do you know how i can check if the event manager is running through Websphere Admin Console?
          How can i restart it or where do i check to see what the problem is?

Thanks for the help!
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7615 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-27T20:35:43Z  in response to OfirShani1
            I'd start by looking in the profile logs for errors. It appears that the event manager (at least in my 7.5.1 install) is not a separate application in WAS. When I login to my WAS console. I see the attached as the applications for my 7.5.1 Process Center.

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              7615 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T10:19:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Event Manager runs on the AppTarget servers. You may have any kind of design that assures that only specific AppTargets have active event managers and besides that you can also decide not to balance users requests to those AppTargets (which means that they will be only executing system lane tasks) but that always depends on your infrastructure design.
            • OfirShani1
              OfirShani1
              52 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T22:04:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              Thanks for all the replys.
              We have been checking the log files, but there are no errors.

The AppTargets CEI Engine looks to be running ok on both servers, if this is the event manager engine.
              I guess the problem is too environment specific. Especially since we have the new 7.5.1.1 fix installed.

I will leave this thread open in case someone else has a similar problem.
              As soon as IBM resolves my PMR, i will post the results here

Best Regards!
  • OfirShani1
    OfirShani1
    52 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T21:35:46Z  in response to OfirShani1
    Well, just to post the result.

After investigating the problem for some time, an internal roleback operation was locking the tables needed to pass the token from one activity to the other. Resolving the rollback issue, resolved the token problem.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T10:35:45Z  in response to OfirShani1
    hi OfirShani1,

I have a similar problem at the moment in our environment(version 7.5.0.1), can you tell me what was the internal rollback operation that was locking the table?

And how did you solved it?

Thanks.
    • OfirShani1
      OfirShani1
      52 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-07T12:35:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Joao,

Can you please post your systemout.log from your AppTarget Server from the "sick" environment so I can check if the behavior is the same?

We had a problem that showed in the systemout.log as an error but was actually hiding the core error, I would like to see if you have the same problem.

If not, the first thing you need to do is recycle the environment and the database server to see if you can eliminate the hung thread that is causing this almost infinite loop.