Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-29T02:09:02Z by LongSunLi
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
203 Posts

Pinned topic metadata repository alphablox error

‏2012-11-23T15:45:32Z |
I use ISW NT32 Server (trial version) and I try to connect to metadata repository. But this error appears:
"some or all of the alphablox repository tables are missing from the database http://ABX_LOOKUP, ABX_PROPERTY_MAP, ...
I know that Alphablox is not included with trial version, but is there any way to connect to repository?
Updated on 2012-11-29T02:09:02Z at 2012-11-29T02:09:02Z by LongSunLi
  • zybjcdl
    zybjcdl
    13 Posts

Re: metadata repository alphablox error

‏2012-11-28T06:59:54Z  
    Could you please let me know what's the detailed steps to reproduce your problem.

Have you successfully start Administration console and visit all the pages?

From where you try to connect to metadata repository?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    203 Posts

‏2012-11-28T20:48:00Z  
    • zybjcdl
    • ‏2012-11-28T06:59:54Z
    Could you please let me know what's the detailed steps to reproduce your problem.

Have you successfully start Administration console and visit all the pages?

From where you try to connect to metadata repository?
    I tried the "Cubing Services" tutorial.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dwe.navigate.doc%2Fsamples_tutorials.html
    The second step is connecting to the repository database.
    I tried to connect from Design Studio as I have read at tutorial.
  • LongSunLi
    LongSunLi
    14 Posts

‏2012-11-29T02:09:02Z  
    I tried the "Cubing Services" tutorial.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v9r7/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dwe.navigate.doc%2Fsamples_tutorials.html
    The second step is connecting to the repository database.
    I tried to connect from Design Studio as I have read at tutorial.
    Hi,

Have you created database GSDB as tutorial said? This database could be repository database.

You should check your GSDB, this database is important to tutorial. GSDB should contain following tables under schema "DWEREPOS":
    TABLE ABX_VERSION;
    TABLE ABX_PROPERTY_MAP;
    TABLE ABX_OBJECTS;
    TABLE ABX_TYPES;
    TABLE ABX_LOOKUP;
    TABLE ABX_LOOKUP_VALUES;

And it seems like you have ISW NT32 server. If you installed Admin Console, metadata database SQWCTRL could be repository database. But you need to log in Admin Console and open Cubing Service page to initialize repository database.

If you want to create repository database manually, following steps could be helpful:
    a. Create database "A"
    b. Connect to this database A
    c. Run the sql script:
    set current schema DWEREPOS;

DROP TABLE ABX_VERSION;
    DROP TABLE ABX_PROPERTY_MAP;
    DROP TABLE ABX_OBJECTS;
    DROP TABLE ABX_TYPES;
    DROP TABLE ABX_LOOKUP;
    DROP TABLE ABX_LOOKUP_VALUES;

CREATE TABLE ABX_VERSION (DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL, VALUE VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL);

CREATE TABLE ABX_PROPERTY_MAP (ID INTEGER NOT NULL, PROPERTY VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, SEQUENCE INTEGER NOT NULL, VALUE VARCHAR(255));

CREATE TABLE ABX_OBJECTS (ID INTEGER NOT NULL, SEQUENCE INTEGER NOT NULL, VALUE VARCHAR(3900) NOT NULL);

CREATE TABLE ABX_LOOKUP (ID INTEGER NOT NULL, CONTEXT VARCHAR(255), NAME VARCHAR(96) NOT NULL, TYPE INTEGER NOT NULL, LAST_MODIFIED TIMESTAMP DEFAULT CURRENT TIMESTAMP);

CREATE TABLE ABX_TYPES (ID INTEGER NOT NULL, DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL, INTERNAL_NAME VARCHAR(64) NOT NULL);

CREATE TABLE ABX_LOOKUP_VALUES (DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(16) NOT NULL, VALUE INTEGER NOT NULL);

INSERT INTO ABX_LOOKUP_VALUES VALUES ('lookup_id', 0);

INSERT INTO ABX_TYPES VALUES (0, 'Unknown', 'Unknown');

INSERT INTO ABX_TYPES VALUES (1, 'Properties (PropertyMap)', 'com.alphablox.util.PropertyMap');

INSERT INTO ABX_TYPES VALUES (2, 'Container (Context)', 'javax.naming.Context');

INSERT INTO ABX_TYPES VALUES (3, 'Ascii Text (TextArrayRef)', 'com.alphablox.util.TextArrayRef');

INSERT INTO ABX_TYPES VALUES (4, 'Binary (ByteArrayRef)', 'com.alphablox.util.ByteArrayRef');

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iPropertyIdPropSeq ON ABX_PROPERTY_MAP (ID, PROPERTY, SEQUENCE) CLUSTER;

CREATE INDEX iPropertyPropSeq ON ABX_PROPERTY_MAP (PROPERTY, SEQUENCE);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iLookupContextName ON ABX_LOOKUP(CONTEXT, NAME) INCLUDE(ID, TYPE);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iObjectIdSeq ON ABX_OBJECTS(ID, SEQUENCE);

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iLookupValueDesc ON ABX_LOOKUP_VALUES(DESCRIPTION) CLUSTER;

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iVersionDesc ON ABX_VERSION(DESCRIPTION) CLUSTER;

CREATE UNIQUE INDEX iTypesId ON ABX_TYPES(ID) CLUSTER;

ALTER TABLE ABX_LOOKUP ADD CONSTRAINT pkABX_LOOKUPId PRIMARY KEY(ID);

ALTER TABLE ABX_OBJECTS ADD CONSTRAINT fkABX_OBJECTSId FOREIGN KEY(ID) REFERENCES ABX_LOOKUP(ID);

ALTER TABLE ABX_PROPERTY_MAP ADD CONSTRAINT fkABX_PROP_MAPId FOREIGN KEY(ID) REFERENCES ABX_LOOKUP(ID);

After this, database A could be considered as repository database.