Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-24T16:42:03Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic FileNet BPM vs IBM BPM (Lombardi+Websphere ProcessServer)

‏2012-11-22T17:32:42Z |
We are working on a proposal for one of our utility clients involving case management.

We came across the IBM Case Manager offering built on top of FileNet(document/content-centric BPM). As we start analyzing the usecases, i started wondering if IBM is positioning IBM BPM (LombardiHuman + WPSIntegration) as the unified BPM of choice for the future! The reasons for my belief are the following. I would like to hear others' opinions on this matter. I'm pretty sure this might be something that has been brain-stormed on other forums. Please provide pointers in that case.

1. If i google for IBM Business Process Manager, i get the top results as IBM BPM 7.5 or 8.0, non-FileNet stuff. While this observation of might look humorous, this triggered my thoughts on IBM intentions :-) in the BPM space.

2. If i look at IBM BPM 8.0, we find integrations with IBM Case Manager and IBM Content Integrator for enterprise content provisioning and search(i guess). I also see ECM coach controls and document lookup/embedding features.

3. I've talked to folks who were born and brought up in FileNet BPM space and they too agree that with the advent of new integrations (mentioned in point#2), the line b/w FileNet and IBM BPM is getting gray.

Regards.
Updated on 2012-11-24T16:42:03Z at 2012-11-24T16:42:03Z by SystemAdmin
  • rahul_ecm
    rahul_ecm
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: FileNet BPM vs IBM BPM (Lombardi+Websphere ProcessServer)

‏2012-11-23T13:27:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Please see what Gartner suggest::
    http://www.gartner.com/id=1642014
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: FileNet BPM vs IBM BPM (Lombardi+Websphere ProcessServer)

‏2012-11-24T16:42:03Z  in response to rahul_ecm
      Thanks Rahul for the reference. Gartner report takes care of my queries :-).