Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-26T17:26:12Z by RuthHildebrand-Lund
HarryChristian
HarryChristian
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Question About Filenet Instalation with SQL Server 2008 Trial Version

‏2012-11-22T02:36:38Z |
Hi,
We want to install Filenet 4.5.1 with SQL Server 2008 Trial Version.
Based on our experience, we believe this won't be a problem, no?

But now is my question after we success install and configure,
what happen if we uninstall the SQL Server 2008 Trial Version and install again with SQL Server 2008 Standar Edition?

Do we need to re-install Filenet from the start?
Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-11-26T17:26:12Z at 2012-11-26T17:26:12Z by RuthHildebrand-Lund
  • RuthHildebrand-Lund
    RuthHildebrand-Lund
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Question About Filenet Instalation with SQL Server 2008 Trial Version

‏2012-11-22T19:12:43Z  in response to HarryChristian
    I don't know of any reason why installing with the trial version will be an issue as long as the trial version provides the same facilities documented as required in the Planning and Installation sections of the P8 Information Center.

In terms of changing editions after installing FileNet, as long as the databases continue to be useable, and the various connections to the database remain valid, there should be no need to reinstall any of the FileNet components.

My one question to you is why are you doing a new install with the FileNet 4.5.1 version? This is really old software, and you should consider installing the 5.1 version instead which was released over a year ago along with the latest fix packs.
    • HarryChristian
      HarryChristian
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-23T05:08:28Z  in response to RuthHildebrand-Lund
      Ruth,
      Thanks for your reply.

Let say the SQL Server database is corrupt so i need to re-install the database.
      As long we have the latest database backup and the connection (ip address, hostname, port, etc) remain the same it should be no problem right?

Our customer still using 4.5.1.
      I want to install the latest version, i really do, but i'm afraid i have no choice.
      • RuthHildebrand-Lund
        RuthHildebrand-Lund
        19 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-26T17:26:12Z  in response to HarryChristian
        If this is a situation where you had a working P8 system and one or more databases became corrupt, then assuming you have suitable database and matching file storage backups, you should be able to restore the system using these backups, and there is no need to make any changes to the ancillary software/configuration. I would also recommend that you contact Microsoft to get help (a) understanding the cause of the corruption and (b) restoring the system.

As noted above, if you do restore from a backup, make sure that you also pay attention to maintaining consistency between the restored databases and any file storage areas.