• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T18:11:25Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
304 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to create CSSC templates in destination DDL object rc=-1

‏2012-11-21T17:56:08Z |
Hi!

we use Optim ver8.1 with FixPack04 and when running Convert process for an extraction file that includes both data and objects, we get the error :
"Unable to create CSSC templates in destination DDL object rc=-1"

When running Convert only with a data extraction file, the process completes successfully.

Any ideas ? could this be a bug ?
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-03-15T18:11:25Z at 2013-03-15T18:11:25Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

Re: Unable to create CSSC templates in destination DDL object rc=-1

‏2012-11-21T18:39:31Z  
    Hello:

It sounds to me as if this may be a bug. When you create a 'data only extract', we capture the data in the extract file and additional relevant information that
    we need to manage the data that we have not the DDL of all of those objects that you have the option to check. When the Convert process runs using this file as input, we do not have any DDL to copy to the target file before we Convert the data as requested. However, with the objects included in the Extract we do try to copy the DDL to the target file.

What is surprising is that the code seems to account for this, however there seems to be a problem with the DDL that we are trying to copy.

Would it be possible to open a PMR and provide a sample input extract file that we can use to walk through the case?

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2012-11-22T10:30:38Z  
    Hello:

It sounds to me as if this may be a bug. When you create a 'data only extract', we capture the data in the extract file and additional relevant information that
    we need to manage the data that we have not the DDL of all of those objects that you have the option to check. When the Convert process runs using this file as input, we do not have any DDL to copy to the target file before we Convert the data as requested. However, with the objects included in the Extract we do try to copy the DDL to the target file.

What is surprising is that the code seems to account for this, however there seems to be a problem with the DDL that we are trying to copy.

Would it be possible to open a PMR and provide a sample input extract file that we can use to walk through the case?

Thanks,
    Kevin
    Hi Kevin!

thank you for your response.
    I didn't mentioned the database we are working on, it is MS SQL Server 2005, if this means something regarding the DDL....
    Just a simple question about PMR.
    Can I open a service request through the IBM Support Portal Home myself? As an IBM employee I can logon but prior to SR, it asks for customer number (register). Can I provide customer's info and have SR control or should a customer's employee register and be the contact person for the SR?
    In general, is any wildcard number that can be used in order to registered as IBM employee?
    Sorry if I'm confusing you, I'm trying to understnad how IBM Support Portal online works.

Thank you very much

Alex
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2013-03-15T13:45:20Z  
    Were you able to resolve this any time? I am using IBM Optim 9.1, and I am facing the same problem. Was trying to search over the web and this was the only place where I found something on this topic.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts

‏2013-03-15T18:11:25Z  
    Hi again:

My apologies for not responding earlier regarding the IBM Portal. I can't quite give you the answers as to how to
    create the PMR ....

Jeethender:

We have resolved some issues in this area. Are you running with FP02, for Optim 9.1? If you are still seeing the problem at this point attach a small
    extract file that demonstrates the problem so I can take a look. One interesting utility that is distributed in the RT\bin directory is the PN0DDLPR.exe.
    This utility will take the extract file as input and print a report of the DDL that we had captured in the extract. This may be helpful if there are
    some objects that are causing us a problem in the Convert process.

Best regards,
    Kevin