Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T08:15:57Z by IdanAdar
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
570 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Developer Edition and .apk Installation

‏2012-11-21T07:22:18Z |
Hi,
I have developed native application using Worklight Developer Edition.I have tested it in emulator(android) and file(.apk) successfully installed in emulator and its working good .Now my question is if I install this .apk file in android cell phone via usb cable or by any mean.Would it be ab able to work ? like its working in emulator. Emulator connects to the server and work appropriate.If my mentioned question is clear then is this possible.?

Regards.
Anees
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Developer Edition and .apk Installation

‏2012-11-21T07:28:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    As long as your device is on the same network as the Worklight Server, there is no reason for it not to work.

That said,
    IBM Worklight 5.0.0.x is not bundled with the API required for native applications in order to connect to the Worklight Server, so how did you develop your native application in regards to Worklight?

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      570 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-21T08:09:52Z  in response to IdanAdar
      Hi Idan,

I'm using IBM Worklight Studio 1.0.0.v20120606_0304 and Devloper Edition 5.0.
      And its a hybrid application developed with jquery mobile and Html 5. For Conversion i added the Worklight Enviroment for Android Phones.Sorry for inconvenience.
      Now again my question is possible?

Thanks,
      Anees.
  • IdanAdar
    IdanAdar
    288 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-21T08:15:57Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    So it is a Worklight Hybrid application, you developed using jQuery Mobile.
    The answer is yes.

If it will fail to work, provide the errors you are encountered with and we'll see how to make it work.

Idan Adar
    QA Engineer
    IBM Worklight Mobile Platform