Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-11T15:41:08Z by vpetrill
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1632 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Admin Client 3.1.1 : Data Source Explorer - missing options in context menu

‏2012-11-21T06:36:03Z |
We have some strange problem with Data Source Explorer in Admin Client 3.1.1 (connected to DB2 for z/OS 9 and 10). For example if we want to specify filter options for the schemas "package/folder" there is no "Filter..." option (for example on databases there is the "Filter..." option). Instead we can only found "Properties" (and "Add to Overview Diagram"). In some cases we also recognize that if we first define a filter via "Properties" after that the option "Filter..." appear in context menu. In our last tests we can't even notice this. The option "Filter..." is missing all time. But it's not the only missing option. For example on database "package/folder" there isn't the "Refresh" option and so on.

Together with some IBM college we try to reproduce the problem on his installation, but there everything works fine. Does anybody now, if there is some trace to localize the problem in our Data Studio? If we do the same in Full Client also everything is fine.
Updated on 2012-12-11T15:41:08Z at 2012-12-11T15:41:08Z by vpetrill
  • YuanFeng
    YuanFeng
    78 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Admin Client 3.1.1 : Data Source Explorer - missing options in context menu

‏2012-11-21T06:52:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    could you try if switch to a new workspace,does the problem still exist?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T09:05:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    After switching into a new workspace the problem still appears. :-(
    • YuanFeng
      YuanFeng
      78 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T02:26:22Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I have report the issue to our developer,we are looking at this issue, looks some build issue in Admin Client.Thanks for raise the issue
      • vpetrill
        vpetrill
        21 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-06T22:48:29Z  in response to YuanFeng
        It appears this is an issue with the admin client and not the full client. Can you use the full client? If you use the Installation Manager option to download the product, it will only download and install the components you would like, although I recommend downloading all of them so you have all the capabilities built into Data Studio. We just announced a new version, V3.2, and it should be available to download in a few days. Starting with V3.2 only the full client will be available via the Data Studio download site. We have verified that the feature you are looking for is in the full client, both V3.1.1 and V3.2
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1632 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T15:00:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    We noticed that it works fine with Data Studio Full Client. But currently we use Admin Client in cause of the possibility to install it in "1 shot" (via batch silent script) without using (or especially installing) Installation Manager and so on. We discussed the problem together on IDUG in Berlin. Another point for Admin Client was the smaller footprint with proper amount of funcitonality. With Full Client 3.2 and the possibility to select the necessary features during installation at least this no longer seems to be a problem. It would be nice, if there would be a fix for our Admin Client issue.
    • vpetrill
      vpetrill
      21 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-11T15:41:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Yes I remember our conversation and have started some discussion internally on the simplified install. I don't readily have your email. Can you send me an email off line. Lets work through your requirements and then I will update the post when we have a solution.

Email: vpetrill@us.ibm.com