• 23 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-26T14:37:16Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic Datapower: Schema Validation Error

‏2012-11-20T22:24:39Z |
Hello everyone;

In the process of tailor the XML Firewall, i got an error, showing something similar with Schema, the error is "Schema Validation Error" and we cannot proceed with the rest of the process.

We have configured the Multi-protocol Gateway and XML Firewall and changed the .xsd file and .dpa files without success.
Any ideas?

Regards from Colombia.
Cristian C.
Updated on 2012-11-26T14:37:16Z at 2012-11-26T14:37:16Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

Re: Datapower: Schema Validation Error

‏2012-11-20T22:26:27Z  
    Sorry i forgot the attach file.

My apologies.
    Cristian
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1606 Posts

‏2012-11-21T00:20:30Z  
    Sorry i forgot the attach file.

My apologies.
    Cristian
    Cristian,
    That error message is telling you exactly what it doesn't like.

"unrecognized element {http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}consultarRecaudo"

Somewhere in your XML you have such an element.

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T13:51:53Z  
    • kenhygh
    • ‏2012-11-21T00:20:30Z
    Cristian,
    That error message is telling you exactly what it doesn't like.

"unrecognized element {http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}consultarRecaudo"

Somewhere in your XML you have such an element.

Ken
    Hello!

Thanks for your answer, so, should i have to delete this line in my xml? I have to edit my xml file for this namespace?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
  • kenhygh
    kenhygh
    1606 Posts

‏2012-11-21T15:31:39Z  
    Hello!

Thanks for your answer, so, should i have to delete this line in my xml? I have to edit my xml file for this namespace?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
    Well, you can try deleting that element, or spelling it correctly, or determine why it doesn't match your schema. Could your XML match a different version of your schema?

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T15:52:59Z  
    Hello !

We have a error with xsd schema and we rebuild this file and now it seems what it's ok now but in our tests we have a new error:

Http://127.0.0.1/recaudos/R_0000105: cvc-complex-type 2.3: element { http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/} return of type {presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML may not have text content

This error is caused by a wrong configuration in xsd file? Or maybe something is missing in the xsd file?

Thanks for your help and regards from Colombia

Cristian.
  • Daviiid
    Daviiid
    289 Posts

‏2012-11-21T16:41:21Z  
    Hello !

We have a error with xsd schema and we rebuild this file and now it seems what it's ok now but in our tests we have a new error:

Http://127.0.0.1/recaudos/R_0000105: cvc-complex-type 2.3: element { http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/} return of type {presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML may not have text content

This error is caused by a wrong configuration in xsd file? Or maybe something is missing in the xsd file?

Thanks for your help and regards from Colombia

Cristian.
    Hello

Can you upload your file?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T16:49:28Z  
    Hello!

Here are the attachment with the files of my project.

Regards and thanks for the help.

Cristian

Attachments

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T17:11:18Z  
    • Daviiid
    • ‏2012-11-21T16:41:21Z
    Hello

Can you upload your file?
    Hello!

Sending Log Screenshots (XML Firewall and Multiprotocol Gateway) and the files i using in the project.
    Regards.

Cristian.
  • Daviiid
    Daviiid
    289 Posts

‏2012-11-21T17:18:49Z  
    Hello!

Sending Log Screenshots (XML Firewall and Multiprotocol Gateway) and the files i using in the project.
    Regards.

Cristian.
    Can you upload your xsd? Or WsdlFile?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T17:21:00Z  
    • Daviiid
    • ‏2012-11-21T17:18:49Z
    Can you upload your xsd? Or WsdlFile?
    Sure! i'm sending the files right now.

Cristian.

Attachments

• HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4866 Posts

‏2012-11-21T19:27:57Z  
    Hello!

Here are the attachment with the files of my project.

Regards and thanks for the help.

Cristian
    You attached WSDL and XSDs in last attachment.
    And you attaached log message screenshots before.
    You did not attach a failing request file, that would be needed.

> Http://127.0.0.1/recaudos/R_0000105: cvc-complex-type 2.3: element { http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/} return of type
    > {presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML may not have text content
    >
    > This error is caused by a wrong configuration in xsd file? Or maybe something is missing in the xsd file?
    >
    Most likely it is caused by a request file which does not validate according your Schema.

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-21T19:45:11Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-21T19:27:57Z

> Http://127.0.0.1/recaudos/R_0000105: cvc-complex-type 2.3: element { http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/} return of type
    > {presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML may not have text content
    >
    > This error is caused by a wrong configuration in xsd file? Or maybe something is missing in the xsd file?
    >
    Most likely it is caused by a request file which does not validate according your Schema.

Hello!

what do you mean about request file? the dpa files? where i can find them?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
  • Daviiid
    Daviiid
    289 Posts

‏2012-11-22T07:14:27Z  
    Hello!

what do you mean about request file? the dpa files? where i can find them?

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
    Hello

Hermann talked about the xml message sent by the client through the datapower. And the other sent by the provider to datapower.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-22T13:43:39Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-21T19:27:57Z

>
    >

Hello

Here are the Response Files used in the project, it contains the string send by the MQ to DataPower and the XML files of request and response send by the client and for the client.

Cristian.
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4866 Posts

‏2012-11-22T14:02:32Z  
    Hello

Here are the Response Files used in the project, it contains the string send by the MQ to DataPower and the XML files of request and response send by the client and for the client.

Cristian.
    Hi Cristian,

it seems that "Trama.txt" is the backend response, is that correct?
    If so, which "response .dpa" is invoked to turn Trama.txt into XML?
    [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ ll *.dpa
    -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 18627 Nov 14 12:03 ConsultaPago_request.dpa
    -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 19071 Nov 14 12:03 ConsultaPago_response.dpa
    -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 19715 Nov 14 12:03 RegistraPago_request.dpa
    -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 17732 Nov 14 12:03 RegistraPago_response.dpa
    [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$

Is it correct that you do a validate action against "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" on the output of the Binary Transform action?
    [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ grep ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML *.xsd
    Recaudos.xsd:  <xsd:element name="return" type="tns:ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML" nillable="true"  />  
    Recaudos.xsd:  <xsd:complexType name="ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML">
    [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$

Hermann <myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    Updated on 2014-03-25T02:45:38Z at 2014-03-25T02:45:38Z by iron-man
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-22T14:26:01Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-22T14:02:32Z
    Hi Cristian,

it seems that "Trama.txt" is the backend response, is that correct?
    If so, which "response .dpa" is invoked to turn Trama.txt into XML?
    <pre class="java dw" data-editor-lang="java" data-pbcklang="java" dir="ltr">[stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ ll *.dpa -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 18627 Nov 14 12:03 ConsultaPago_request.dpa -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 19071 Nov 14 12:03 ConsultaPago_response.dpa -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 19715 Nov 14 12:03 RegistraPago_request.dpa -rw-rw-r--. 1 stammw stammw 17732 Nov 14 12:03 RegistraPago_response.dpa [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ </pre>

Is it correct that you do a validate action against "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" on the output of the Binary Transform action?
    <pre class="java dw" data-editor-lang="java" data-pbcklang="java" dir="ltr">[stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ grep ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML *.xsd Recaudos.xsd: <xsd:element name="return" type="tns:ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML" nillable="true" /> Recaudos.xsd: <xsd:complexType name="ConfirmarRecaudoOutputXML"> [stammw@oc3478527637 Files]$ </pre>

Hermann <myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>
    Hi Hermann

The "Trama.txt" file is the request send to the backend, the .dpa file which is invoked to turn this txt file into XML is "ConsultaPago_request.dpa", this occurs if the "Trama.txt" contains a "C" Character into the first line of the string like this: "99990000000105000C", if this string contains a "P" character like this: "99990000000105000P", then the .dpa file which is invoked is "RegistraPago_request.dpa"

It's correct about the validate action, this .xsd file is invoked in a policy in the XML Firewall; and generates the binary transform action. the "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" file invokes a file called "Recaudos.xsd".

Cristian.
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4866 Posts

‏2012-11-22T14:45:16Z  
    Hi Hermann

The "Trama.txt" file is the request send to the backend, the .dpa file which is invoked to turn this txt file into XML is "ConsultaPago_request.dpa", this occurs if the "Trama.txt" contains a "C" Character into the first line of the string like this: "99990000000105000C", if this string contains a "P" character like this: "99990000000105000P", then the .dpa file which is invoked is "RegistraPago_request.dpa"

It's correct about the validate action, this .xsd file is invoked in a policy in the XML Firewall; and generates the binary transform action. the "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" file invokes a file called "Recaudos.xsd".

Cristian.
    Hi Cristian,

now I am confused.
    The log error messages (from your attached LogsDatapower.zip) are for the response rule processing.
    So the validate action seems to fail on the response rule.
    What is the flow on your response rule?
    And what is the response returned from backend to DataPower?

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-22T15:06:16Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-22T14:45:16Z
    Hi Cristian,

now I am confused.
    The log error messages (from your attached LogsDatapower.zip) are for the response rule processing.
    So the validate action seems to fail on the response rule.
    What is the flow on your response rule?
    And what is the response returned from backend to DataPower?

Hi Hermann

Sending the screenshots of the Response Rule and the response returned from backend to datapower.

Cristian.
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4866 Posts

‏2012-11-22T15:48:22Z  
    Hi Hermann

Sending the screenshots of the Response Rule and the response returned from backend to datapower.

Cristian.
    Hi Cristian,

we are getting closer.
    From screenshot XMLFirewallResponseRule5.png we see the content of context dpvar_20.
    From a previous of your .zip attachments I took a similar file and converted it to match the shown context content.
    Please find the file attached, it has a typo somewhere.

Validating that file against "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" results in this different error for me currently:
    cvc-wildcard 2: unrecognized element {http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}confirmarRecaudoResponse

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-22T16:15:57Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-22T15:48:22Z
    Hi Cristian,

we are getting closer.
    From screenshot XMLFirewallResponseRule5.png we see the content of context dpvar_20.
    From a previous of your .zip attachments I took a similar file and converted it to match the shown context content.
    Please find the file attached, it has a typo somewhere.

Validating that file against "valida_entradas_y_salidas.xsd" results in this different error for me currently:
    cvc-wildcard 2: unrecognized element {http://presentacion.ws.recaudos.v2/}confirmarRecaudoResponse

Hi Hermann;

Thanks for your answer, so; should i have to "rebuild" the validate rule? or is a problem with the soap_header_request.xsl? this is another error but its more easy to resolve?
    With the file you semd in the attachment, i have to load this file in my system for testing?
    i can see that is a problem with the match between string and xml file right?
    The file that you send me contains an syntax error?

So; the solution is to create a validation that convert the string to xml and delete the soap headers in the response file?

Cristian.
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4866 Posts

‏2012-11-23T08:49:21Z  
    Hi Hermann;

Thanks for your answer, so; should i have to "rebuild" the validate rule? or is a problem with the soap_header_request.xsl? this is another error but its more easy to resolve?
    With the file you semd in the attachment, i have to load this file in my system for testing?
    i can see that is a problem with the match between string and xml file right?
    The file that you send me contains an syntax error?

So; the solution is to create a validation that convert the string to xml and delete the soap headers in the response file?

Cristian.
    Hi Christian,

this gets by far too complicated, creating files from screenshots is error prone.
    What we have learned sofar is that response validation fails.
    The reponse returned from backend is "valida_entradas_y_salidas.txt".

Please attach an export of the service -- just the response rule is fine if you do not want to attach everything.
    Then it should be really easy to see your validation error by returning "valida_entradas_y_salidas.txt" from a simulated backend.

(What I typically do to simulate backend responses easily is 1) set request-type to passthru 2) set backend to a passthru XML FW 3) "send" backend response to service)

• SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-23T17:14:50Z  
    • HermannSW
    • ‏2012-11-23T08:49:21Z
    Hi Christian,

this gets by far too complicated, creating files from screenshots is error prone.
    What we have learned sofar is that response validation fails.
    The reponse returned from backend is "valida_entradas_y_salidas.txt".

Please attach an export of the service -- just the response rule is fine if you do not want to attach everything.
    Then it should be really easy to see your validation error by returning "valida_entradas_y_salidas.txt" from a simulated backend.

(What I typically do to simulate backend responses easily is 1) set request-type to passthru 2) set backend to a passthru XML FW 3) "send" backend response to service)

hello Hermann

thanks for your message, i will send the request rule for your verification while we realizenthentest in our datapower enviroment. in the end of the day i send this file.

Regards from Colombia
    Cristian.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-26T14:37:16Z  
    hello

we advance in the solution of the incident, now we try to solve a couple of problems with our dpa files, it seems we have a trouble with our .xsl files and do not function correctly.

Regards.
    Cristian.