4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-29T15:26:23Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
37 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic CCM on vSphere

‏2012-11-20T20:25:04Z |
Hello,

I am trying to get a functional CCM installation going and having some issues. I first tried installing on EC2 and was able to get the agent and the fabric node installed. However when I tried to connect to the web console I was unable to determine an effective method of display forwarding. I am fairly new to EC2 so any advice on how to achieve this would be helpful.

In an effort to simplify the troubleshooting process I created a local CCM VM on our internal vSphere environment. I was once again able to install the agent and the fabric node, and I was able access the web console but at this point I encountered several other issues:

When searching the forum if I was not logged into the IBM VPN I could not find the VMware documentation.

The default version of libstdc++ also requires the compatibility libraries for the agent to run, are there other requirements that are not listed that I need to be aware of?

While I could get the configuration webpage, and the dashboard to load I got no data of any kind in the dashboard. Are there any more specific configuration example in existence that I could follow?

After the system was rebooted the configuration webpage stopped responding.

When trying to configure with SSL there was no default trust ore for SSL keys.

Any further information on any these issues would be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Updated on 2012-11-29T15:26:23Z at 2012-11-29T15:26:23Z by SystemAdmin
  • RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: CCM on vSphere

‏2012-11-20T20:34:42Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The only other required package is ksh -- but because Linux is so flexible in how it can be installed, there could be any of a million different missing prereqs. (OK, I exaggerate a bit...)

In order to see any data in the group dashboard, you must first go to the Group Configuration, create at least one group and add the data sources you want to it. We will be adding a default "All" group in the coming days.

Chris
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      37 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T21:02:57Z  in response to RM03_Chris_Barlock
      Chris,

Thank you for your response, I have been using the configuration dashboard, that I access from the web portal, and I am unable to monitor a host. Is there a configuration guide of any kind that I should be referencing?

-Wesley
  • RM03_Chris_Barlock
    RM03_Chris_Barlock
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-28T23:52:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Wesley:

In the Beta Wiki, we have installation instructions, but they are specific to SCP and Amazon. I'll check with the expert in this area to see what we can provide.

Chris
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      37 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-29T15:26:23Z  in response to RM03_Chris_Barlock
      Chris,

Thanks for your response, I have looked at the SCP and Amazon docs, any further information you provide for VMware would be much appreciated.

-Wesley