Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T18:32:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1192 Posts

Pinned topic Displaying a program message that appears on line 24 of a green screen

‏2012-11-20T20:24:12Z |
On my green screen menu a user takes an option to call a CL program. If the program has been run more than once in a day the CL program executes a SNDPGMMSG command to display a message. For example, at the bottom the the screen (line 24) a message is displayed. . .
"Program has already been run today."

For HATS I created a Screen Transformation for that menu that uses a filtering select widget for the menu options and I selected the same program. The SNDPGMMSG command executes but no message appears on the Screen Transformation. Can someone point me in the general direction on how to display a program message that would normally appear on line 24 of the green screen?
Updated on 2012-11-21T18:32:19Z at 2012-11-21T18:32:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SanthiRamala
    SanthiRamala
    34 Posts

Re: Displaying a program message that appears on line 24 of a green screen

‏2012-11-21T06:22:03Z  
    Hi,

You said, you have created screen transformation for that particular screen.
    What is the type of transformation you have selected for that? is it default of blank transformation?
    If blank transformation is selected and included only the menu for calling a CL program, but the element which display the message at the line 24 is not included.
    So this could be a possible cause for the message not being appeared in the screen.

Check if this is the case with your screen.

Best Regards
    Santhi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1192 Posts

Re: Displaying a program message that appears on line 24 of a green screen

‏2012-11-21T18:32:19Z  
    Hi,

You said, you have created screen transformation for that particular screen.
    What is the type of transformation you have selected for that? is it default of blank transformation?
    If blank transformation is selected and included only the menu for calling a CL program, but the element which display the message at the line 24 is not included.
    So this could be a possible cause for the message not being appeared in the screen.

Check if this is the case with your screen.

Best Regards
    Santhi
    Yes you are correct. The transformation was created with the default blank transformation. To add the message line 24 to the transformation while editing the transformation .jsp file I selected Hats Tools > Insert Host Component. The Insert Host Component wizard displayed the screen capture and I chose positions 2 - 77 on line 24 in the protected area. Then I chose Field in the the rendering options window. The wizard then created the HATS FieldComponent. I ran it on the test server and voila, it displays the message! Thank you.