IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-08T19:11:50Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts

Pinned topic Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL

‏2012-11-20T17:05:35Z |
Using WL 5.0.0.3, I have an Android environment in which I open a native page to display a webview to pull in content from other sites. However, the performance on it is pretty horrendous. On multiple devices, I get a while screen after it is done loading. Sometimes content will show up if you then tap it, other times it will not. Furthermore, the zooming is very limited. I tested it buy doing a blank WL app and a native Android one, and the difference was startling.

Is there a library that would interfere with loading a webview? Is there any way to optimize this to get closer to the performance in a native app?

Ralph Pina
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL

‏2012-11-22T12:03:50Z  
    Upgrade your API level to 11. Then override the resource loading process. Some resource you could build into ur native app. Some you could preload before you show web view. You can get almost native app if you do it properly. Good luck

Jerry
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts

Re: Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL

‏2013-01-08T19:11:50Z  
    I actually got this going by using the ChildBrowser PhoneGap plugin. Much better performance.