Using WL 220.127.116.11, I have an Android environment in which I open a native page to display a webview to pull in content from other sites. However, the performance on it is pretty horrendous. On multiple devices, I get a while screen after it is done loading. Sometimes content will show up if you then tap it, other times it will not. Furthermore, the zooming is very limited. I tested it buy doing a blank WL app and a native Android one, and the difference was startling.
Is there a library that would interfere with loading a webview? Is there any way to optimize this to get closer to the performance in a native app?
Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
This topic has been locked.
Pinned topic Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Re: Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL2012-11-22T12:03:50ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.Upgrade your API level to 11. Then override the resource loading process. Some resource you could build into ur native app. Some you could preload before you show web view. You can get almost native app if you do it properly. Good luck
Re: Poor performance opening an Android webview inside WL2013-01-08T19:11:50ZThis is the accepted answer. This is the accepted answer.I actually got this going by using the ChildBrowser PhoneGap plugin. Much better performance.